need help with oil leak

ok so i have a little oil leak and i think i know where its coming from. I beleive it is coming from the area where the oil filter and oil pressure sensor is i think. but it is leaking from the little allen wrench bolt thingy. Could it be that i would just have to tighten this bolt up maybe. ill have pics uploaded of the area im talking about asap.
I guess what im trying ask is, is this a common spot for oil leaks

• Sponsors (?)

01-01-09_1418jf.jpg

Attachments

• 01-01-09_1418jf.jpg
    01-01-09_1418jf.jpg
    39.7 KB · Views: 99
Did u just change ur oil?

I ask b/c the filter gasket could of stuck to the block and might be causing u a leak... ask how I know. :D

:lol:I think this is one of those life lessons that every car person must experience.

Seriously though...
I have never had this problem, but I would assume that on your next oil change that you can remove that plug, clean it, install some teflon tape and see if that stops it. Anyone, correct me if I am wrong on this one.

I would agree, drain ur oil, pull the plug (it looks like its a thread in jobber, if so then do it, if not, ignore me :D ) Clean it off and check it and the housing for cracks, teflon tape it and re install. Should fix ur problem

Best case it's the allen screw. Worst case it's the oil filter adapter gasket that seals the oil filter/sender housing to the block. The gasket that goes there is el cheapo and easy to change. Teflon the screw, brakeclean the hell out of it, test drive and recheck. I haven't seen too many of the allen screws leak at work, usually is the gasket.

It doesn't appear that you have the engine oil cooler by your pics, so you must have a stickshift car. This is good, the automatics had an oil cooler that was prone to leaking, and cost a buttload to fix.