• Mustang Forums
  • 1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk-

Need Help With Oxidation.

  • Thread starter Thread starter ace305
  • Start date Start date Oct 8, 2017
A

ace305

Active Member
Dec 28, 2011
171
17
28
Oct 8, 2017
#1
  • Oct 8, 2017
  • #1
Hey friends,

I need help with getting rid of this oxidation. I am not even sure why this is happening.

any tricks to getting rid of it?
 

DSG_Mach

Active Member
Jul 23, 2016
115
16
38
Oct 9, 2017
#2
  • Oct 9, 2017
  • #2
WD-40 and a bristle brush would clean this up from what I have read... I could be wrong though...
 

IIGood

Founding Member
Aug 1, 1998
4,252
1,214
224
Churchton, MD
Oct 10, 2017
#3
  • Oct 10, 2017
  • #3
ace305 said:
I am not even sure why this is happening.
Click to expand...

One possibility is that there's coolant leaking somewhere and getting sprayed around the engine compartment. Are you losing or low on coolant?
 
A

ace305

Active Member
Dec 28, 2011
171
17
28
Oct 10, 2017
#4
  • Oct 10, 2017
  • #4
DSG_Mach said:
WD-40 and a bristle brush would clean this up from what I have read... I could be wrong though...
Click to expand...
thank you
 
A

ace305

Active Member
Dec 28, 2011
171
17
28
Oct 10, 2017
#5
  • Oct 10, 2017
  • #5
IIGood said:
One possibility is that there's coolant leaking somewhere and getting sprayed around the engine compartment. Are you losing or low on coolant?
Click to expand...
no sir. no leaks. I used a degreaser to clean the engine bay. I read that could be it.
 
Reactions: IIGood
A

ace305

Active Member
Dec 28, 2011
171
17
28
Oct 10, 2017
#6
  • Oct 10, 2017
  • #6
would soda blasting work?
 

Neuron

5 Year Member
Nov 6, 2016
859
192
93
Oct 10, 2017
#7
  • Oct 10, 2017
  • #7
I usually see that on cars from salted roads or close to the beach salt air. Have also heard that an aggressive degreaser may work fine on cast iron/steel and react with aluminum forming corrosion.
 
You must log in or register to reply here.

Similar threads

C
Wiring harness needed
  • CoyoteSwappedS197
  • Feb 12, 2026
  • 1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk-
Replies
0
Views
112
1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk- Feb 12, 2026
CoyoteSwappedS197
C
S
CHANGING BRAKE PADS
  • Scwhitten
  • Jun 8, 2026
  • 1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk-
  • 2
Replies
20
Views
634
1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk- Jun 12, 2026
nickyb
L
Car has been overheating. Not sure what is causing it. Any help would be appreciated.
  • Luckysgirl
  • Jun 2, 2026
  • 1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk-
Replies
2
Views
199
1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk- Jun 2, 2026
Luckysgirl
L
WTB Centerline champ 500 please!
  • unknlgnd
  • Dec 9, 2025
  • Want to Buy
Replies
4
Views
391
Want to Buy Dec 10, 2025
AeroCoupe
K
4r70w transmission problems
  • Kiddmustang
  • Jul 14, 2026
  • 1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk-
Replies
5
Views
173
1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk- Jul 21, 2026
squeak93
Share:
Bluesky Email Share Link
  • Mustang Forums
  • 1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk-
Menu
Log in

Register

  • Forums
  • What's new
  • Media
  • Resources
  • Contact
  • Sponsor
X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?

X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?