Need help with Twisted Wedge Heads valve springs upgrade

PonyGTrider

Feb 27, 2019
Mexico
Hi ALL,
Would like to get some help from people that has done this upgrade.
I have a set of the old Twisted wedge aluminum heads TFS-51410002-M61 with a stage 1 cam
I want to upgradethe valve springs to use PAC-1211X Beehive RPM

Trying to find if someone here have done this and if someone is willing to share a part number for the spring locators Not for the retainers and locks, those last items are very common because those springs are direct replacement for LS1 to LS6. the only part numbers I need is for the locators.

I already contacted PAC Racing Tech hotline but I haven't got a response yet.
I DON"T want to upgrade my springs with the TrickFlow kit TFS-2500200. So that kit is out of the discusion, The PAC-springs are way much better. Skinnier and better spring rate.
I know PAC Racing make most valve springs for TrickFlo, but TFS don't sale Beehive RPM only cylindrical

I hope I get some help, That will be greatly appreciated.

Last edited:
  • Sponsors (?)

What makes these springs so much better?
You run a TFS 1 cam, that isn't exactly a radical setup.
I ran the Track heat springs with an aggressive custom cam, far more aggressive than a tfs 1 and they worked just fine.

What makes these springs so much better?
You run a TFS 1 cam, that isn't exactly a radical setup.
I ran the Track heat springs with an aggressive custom cam, far more aggressive than a tfs 1 and they worked just fine.
Not a whole lot of differences.
Smaller diameter, single spring, 0.625” Lift, better spring rate control. I want to use this kit for future cam upgrades.
Thank you

I have the TFS-51410004-M58 heads

I used the Lunati 73925K2TW kit from FTI. I have a custom grind cam ( .565/.558) and these were recommended

The PAX 1204X, and 1905 springs were also recommended by FTI for those heads with my cam.

You can probably try asking FTI what locators they would recommend with those heads as they do sell PAX springs

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
I have the TFS-51410004-M58 heads

I used the Lunati 73925K2TW kit from FTI. I have a custom grind cam ( .565/.558) and these were recommended

The PAX 1204X, and 1905 springs were also recommended by FTI for those heads with my cam.

You can probably try asking FTI what locators they would recommend with those heads as they do sell PAX springs
Thanks for sharing, I just got a response from PAC Racing Springs and they gave me the locators P/N PAC-S111 and also the 10* locks/retainers. So I’m good to go.

Thanks

Reactions: 1 user