Need help?

law

Aug 6, 2003
My car has 83, 000 miles, its an automatic, and the check engine light is not on. Monday on my way to work I was on the freeway and traffic came to a complete stop, the time it took me to take my foot off the break and press the gas pedal it just died. I put it in park and it started fine. The same day on my way home it happened again the exact same way. Came to a stop and it died. The rpm's did not drop or anything, it just died. I did not even know the car was dead until I hit the gas pedal and nothing happened. On Wed in the morning it was fine, but on my way home it did it again on the freeway. This time it took 4 cranks to finally turn it over. The first three sounded like it almost was going to turn over but it did not. The fourth time I just gave it a few more seconds and it cranked over. Any idea what is going on? I am going to run codes tonight, but I looked under the hood and I do not see anything out of the ordinary. Any help would be appreciated.

• Sponsors (?)

it might your stator...i remember driving and my car randomly died on the freeway (not cool). it also used to die when i let my foot off the gas to take a turn and push the gas again..i just went to autozone, picked up a new stator, and threw that in..problems were solved. others might suggest checking your MAF, fuel filter, possibly ur fuel pump..

I am getting good gas mileage so I do not think it is my fuel filter or fuel pump. I replaced my fuel filter about a year ago as well. The stator is the pick up coil, right? Where is that?