Need info on 2006 Navigator Air Suspension

vristang

15 Year Member
Mar 31, 2005
Seattle
Mustang wire diagrams, schematics, and diagnostic procedures are easy to find, but I can't seem to find anything reliable online for the 2006 Navigator.

You guys have any suggestions or resources you can point me toward?
The dirvers side is full extension, passenger side is at normal ride height.

It started after going over an odd/uneven/hill driveway, so most likely something is jammed or disconnected... but it would be nice to have just a basic schematic of all the components in the system...

Suggestions?

• Sponsors (?)

Theres a ride height sensor connected on both front control arms. The little arms pop off or break jamming the arm on the sensor up....causing the truck to think its lower on that side. It commands the pump to pump up that bag. Ive changed a bunch of those over to regular struts and springs. They're getting to the age where the whole system will break....one piece at a time.

I just about guarantee you won't feel a difference.

Screenshot_20191015-194111_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20191015-194111_Chrome.jpg

Thanks for the response!
I really don't want to convert... I have like the air suspension system. Had one issue where a height sensor linkage was disconnected a few months ago, but these are the only 2 issues I've had so far.

Checked under the car yesterday, couldn't find anything obvious. All 3 position sensors are in place and linkages still connected. Disconnected the drivers linkage, and rotated the sensor to indicate full compression... the pump kept running, trying to fill the air bag.
Something else is an issue in the system, or the sensor is completely dead. Can't get a dvm on the sensor without removing it from the vehicle, which suppposedly requires a 'height calibration' to be done by the dealer? So didn't pull the sensor just yet. The sensor is the only thing I can think of that would cause this... just wish I had a full diagram or a logic tree for the system, anything would be nice...

I pulled the pump relay, to keep the pump from running a full 15 minutes at every restart. Bags all held pressure overnight just fine, no apparent leaks anywhere.

Figured I would update...

I gave up, and ordered a set of sensors for the front, and a Chiltons and a Haynes manual.
Should be here Saturday.

I removed and tried to bench test the resistance on the drivers side sensor, which is the one I suspect of being faulty. The arm is stiff, especially at the extremes of its range, and I couldn't get a change in resistance regardless of position.
I was also able to confirm 5v is present at the harness side of the sensor.

Did not attempt any diagnosing of the solenoid. Seems to me that if the solenoid was faulty/leaking, the position sensor should demonstrate some control over the system. Now, it does not seem to have control (bag at full extension, and pump still running constantly).

Hopefully the new sensors take care of it, and I can get some detailed info for my next issue in the manuals...

I have yet to locate the suspension system disable switch on the vehicle though?
Been removing the relay to shut it down.

^Thanks
Found the switch, but issues persist...

Swapped out the drivers side sensor. Now, the pump does not come on at all. The drivers side is at full compression (low rider), while passenger side seems to be at normal ride height.
The Chilton and Haynes manuals are useless. Now diagrams of the air system at all. The wiring diagram was a joke, only showing the GEM module, then pointing off to the air system... Didn't show solenoids, valves, or sensors.
Ordered the Ford Manuals this morning, should be here in a few days.

I'll double check the relay and fuses tonight... Maybe I had a failure there while messing with things this weekend...

Sometimes disconnecting the battery for a few minutes will reset the system. Used to work on the lincoln town cars.