Need instructions for ball-joint replacement

JOHNP

Founding Member
May 24, 2002
Raleigh, NC
I have ordered the steeda x-2 ball joints to replace mine. Mainly because of the age of my suspension and the clunking noise I have in the front. I have been searching, and have not found any instructions on how to do this. I have a basic idea of what to do, but I just want to be sure I don't fudge anything up. If anyone has a how-to on replacing them I would appreciate it. Thanks .... JOHNP.

• Sponsors (?)

These are a pain and I am not sure where the noise is coming from. I have the MM plates and let me guess it sounds like this...

Message#12
http://forums.stangnet.com/showthread.php?t=425042

(change the .txt extension and change it to .wmv) This will allow you to hear the file. Stangnet won't let you attach .wmv files

I have tried everything and I cannot figure this out. I had stock caster/cambers on with this noise... So I got some aftermarket ones (MM) thinking it would make the sound go away... Nope still there. My spacers are on correctly... the strut top is as close to the hood as possible with out hitting. The top strut nut is torqued good... so good in fact I #ucked up the top of my strut threads from the lock pliars. There is no movement at all from the bearings, and the spacers are solid tight from below and above. I also decided last night to see if all the bolts where tight... so I torqued the K-member, sway bar brackets, links, strut to spindle and lower control arms. Still nothing... still makes that same noise.

I did notice that if you adjust the strut to the softest setting the noise is less noticeable, but I would really like the tires to grip the road good... not float.

Thanks for any help you can give!!!
If the X-2 Joints helped with this problem please let me know...