Drivetrain Need knowledgeable AOD help

I recently rebuilt the AOD in my 1992 Mustang 5.0. This is the first rebuild for this trans. My main reason was because the snap ring on the intermediate sprag had expanded and came off destroying the thrust washer and effectively burning out second gear. Everything went well, the car nails 1, 2 and 3. I also installed a Transgo HP kit (the old one with the crossover tube) and an "A" servo. So the deal now, is that I don't have overdrive or engine braking in 2nd gear which from what I've read means the overdrive servo isn't engaging. The overdrive band is kevlar and the reverse drum I replaced with a resurfaced one. I'm stumped. I've removed the valve body and valve to flush with solvent and scotch brite the valves before putting back in. I also made damn sure the servo pin was engaging the OD band and still no dice. I'm really hoping for some suggestions on what to check next. Could the band be slipping? Could the reman drum be out of spec? Or is the valve body bad. Another thing to mention, before the rebuild all gears worked.

Any help would be soooo appreciated.

• Sponsors (?)

I recently rebuilt an AOD and mine is fully functional. It's the first auto trans rebuild for me so I suppose some luck was involved. I did use a DVD I had purchased from a parts supplier. I also got a bit of help from a "tech guy" that works there. He takes calls during a 1 hr time span during work days. Maybe you could get through to him if he is still there. Below is the link to the DVD I used to help me rebuild (it was quite detailed and also easy to follow) Also the same company is where the tech guy works. I'm sorry I cant provide you direct advice. But obviously something did not go back together just right.'

This DVD is a very good tutorial > https://transmissioncenter.net/shop/this-is-the-all-new-aod-dvd/

Could there be a diameter problem with the resurfaced drum? I’m thinking a resurface process would cut down the diameter. With a smaller diameter surface, maybe the band won’t clamp and hold properly.