Need new shocks/struts

Evenflow

yellow snow cone lover
Nov 4, 2004
Mass
My shocks and struts have taken a beaten from the Steeda lowering springs. My 2004 GT has around 38,000 miles on it.

I wanted the bilsteins for all around driveability, but AM no longer sells them and everywhere else is like $700 for the set.

This is my DD, so just looking for a set that will work well with my Steeda springs and drivebility.

• Sponsors (?)

Tokico is name I was trying to think of last night, but couldn't. I had their 5 way adjustable illuminas on my 88 for a long time and enjoyed them. I believe the 'blue' is basically set of setting '3' compared to the 5 way adjustables, so it is a good compromise between ride and handling.

I agree with what the others have said. I replaced my stockers with the Tokico Blue's and couldn't be happier. They are a great shock for the money. Got mine brand new on e-bay for only $200 shipped about 5 years ago.

I've also heard great things about the bilsteins, but at over $600/set it just wasn't financially viable when I bought my shocks/struts last time. Eventually I'd love to upgrade to them though.

Find a set of slightly used Bilstein HD's, and don't look back. THe ride quality is awesome, and the harder you turn into a corner, the better they seem to work.
Yeah good luck with finding a used set of bilsteins I am always looking for a used set for my cobra and they are super hard to find used. They are great but very expensive. They are rebuildable also the factory has a price list on their website.

I have the strange adjustable rears & fronts as well. They all work great. However, if you have CC plates up front, avoid the struts up front , they tend to rattle alot. But, I've had the same shocks on the last 3 mustangs I've had if that tells you anything. Just my .02

Yeah good luck with finding a used set of bilsteins I am always looking for a used set for my cobra and they are super hard to find used. They are great but very expensive. They are rebuildable also the factory has a price list on their website.

When I bought mine a few weeks ago, there were literally 3 sets for sale on Corral. Not to pick an arguement, seriously just trying to help, but they are all over the place. I've found them pretty frequently on Corral and SVTP. Maybe not at the current moment, but I keep my eyes out for a few weeks and found a few sets. One had 15k miles for $300, my set had 3k miles on it with the MM coilovers in the front for $650. There was also a set with like 30k miles for $180.

Just keep a lookout and you'll find something! Good luck.

When I bought mine a few weeks ago, there were literally 3 sets for sale on Corral. Not to pick an arguement, seriously just trying to help, but they are all over the place. I've found them pretty frequently on Corral and SVTP. Maybe not at the current moment, but I keep my eyes out for a few weeks and found a few sets. One had 15k miles for $300, my set had 3k miles on it with the MM coilovers in the front for $650. There was also a set with like 30k miles for $180.

Just keep a lookout and you'll find something! Good luck.
That is good to know I had given up looking actually. Based on this news I will try some more, thanks!

I want to get a used set, have them rebuilt at the factory for IIRC $60 each strut and then swap them onto my car.

My shocks and struts have taken a beaten from the Steeda lowering springs. My 2004 GT has around 38,000 miles on it.

I wanted the bilsteins for all around driveability, but AM no longer sells them and everywhere else is like $700 for the set.

This is my DD, so just looking for a set that will work well with my Steeda springs and drivebility.

These:

Strano Performance Parts - Part Details

That is good to know I had given up looking actually. Based on this news I will try some more, thanks!

I want to get a used set, have them rebuilt at the factory for IIRC $60 each strut and then swap them onto my car.

Doesn't your car come stock with Bilsteins? Or have they been changed. I was gonna say, couldn't you just send the stockers in to be rebuilt?