Need new shocks you think?

GTtopLESS

Nov 8, 2007
so I was checking out my ball joints with the 12 and 6 wheel wiggle...I noticed my shock actually will compress slightly...this normal?? Im slowly looking at replacing all suspension bushings with poly and found this.. what you think?:flag:

• Sponsors (?)

How old are the struts ..... You should be able to tell thier general condition
by doing the bounce test. Push down hard on the front end and let go....
it should stop instantly when it goes up if the struts are still good.

well...I really dont know how old they are, bought the car a year ago. Just seems there shouldnt be movement with just that lil amount of force...And there is ZERO bounce after letting pressure off the front corner...

With our cars, it's generally okay to assume that the stock shocks and struts are worn out. It doesn't matter how old the car is or what's done to it. :rlaugh:

In other words, the stock dampers are junk and should be replaced. Use the opportunity to upgrade :nice:

With our cars, it's generally okay to assume that the stock shocks and struts are worn out. It doesn't matter how old the car is or what's done to it. :rlaugh:

In other words, the stock dampers are junk and should be replaced. Use the opportunity to upgrade :nice:

Mine are still like new at 55K, pretty f'n firm, Im not changing em when there
is really no problem :shrug: On my 99 the rear shocks were cooked at 75K
but the struts were actually still fine although I did put some KYB's all the way around.