Need Opinion on Headers?

Right now I blew a head gasket on my car and it was only a slight leak but it was on my driver side. Today I finally got the heads off and will be bringing them to the shop on friday to get milled, hot tanked and looked over.

Right now I still have the stock exhaust manifolds/headers on my car. I was just wondering if the stock manifolds tend to warp?

Just wondering this since I am under a deadline now about getting my car back together since the car I am driving now is going to be taken away from me. I dont want to put my stockers back on and find out that they are warped and dont seal right.

Do you guys think I would be better off just getting a set of BBK Unequals in chrome?

-Dan

• Sponsors (?)

I am not really worried about the performance persay, but rather that my stock headers wont seal up right since they might be warped and I dont feel like going through the trouble of trying to correct it.

My real question was if the stock headers tend to warp?

I am not really worried about the performance persay, but rather that my stock headers wont seal up right since they might be warped and I dont feel like going through the trouble of trying to correct it.

My real question was if the stock headers tend to warp?

I would put them back on without fear. Anything that is heat soaked and cooled thousands of times will warp slightly. I wouldn't worry about it. My cousin did an HCI 347 and had all the parts except the stupid headers which were late. He was dying to fire it up though and we attached the stock manifolds and exhaust just so he could cruise around. No leaks, just poor performance.

He was on his own though when he had to take them off again for the long tubes!

Adam

I bought the cheapy Summit headers the first round on mine. They sucked and didn't line up with the holes. I ended up going with ceramic coated unequal BBKs. I love them. Bolted right up, and no leaks. But I didn't change my headers until I went with a totally new setup.