Need some advice-gonna sell my stang

broughambuilt

Oct 1, 2008
Hey guys-

I have a 90 LX that i have to sell. I am going to buy a newer more wife friendly stang in about 6 months. Which would be the easiest way to sell my current car? I currently justt put a freshly rehbuilt 306 in it with all high performance parts, racing pistons, e303 cam, gt 40 intake, had the crank blueprinted and balanced, redecked the aluminum heads all that stuff- it cost m $4k to do all the work. Just before I have the car for about two years now and it came with a brand new DS1c Pro Charger and intercooler. ThaT should be worth around 2700 i would think. I also just rebuilt the Lentech strip terminator AOD for 2800. On top of all this, I have a full roll cage, welded subframe, battery moved to the back, race water pump and fans switched inside, race buckets, brand new aluminum Ford Racing driveshaft, new b&M shifter all new gauges.... list goes on;. I have about 16k in the car. I put it out there for 12500 and no one bit. I have it listed for 10k right now and no one seems interested! It kills me- The car is in awesome shape and looks outrageous. Its super fast, and I havent even did so much as a burnout with the new motor. The car is plumbed for nitrous, I have a bottle mount and bottle with blanket warmer in the hatch, stainless lines all run to the front. Do you guys think I should sell it as a nitrous car? I have 50lb injectors now, I guess i would have to put in 30 lb. If i did i could drop the price about 2500 and maybe sell it easier- What are your thoughts?

http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg265/broughambuilt/Mustang/135-1.jpg

• Sponsors (?)

Corral.net also a lot of times local drag strips have a classifieds page on their
website. Also put it in the classified here. But be aware that you will NEVER get your money back out of it. Good luck sounds like a solid car. I would advertise it as being nitrous ready, but make sure you put that you haven't sprayed the new motor (a lot of people are apprehensive about buying cars that have been sprayed) just my opinion

Most of the time mods like you have done, do not add value to the car. Sounds insane, and if you find the guy that wants the parts, it might intice him, but I know for most, those mods don't really help it's value.

Car looks clean though!

yea, corral is a good place...craigslist is good, but you will be answering phone calls from people who are just wasting your time. Be patient with this whole economy thing. For the right price, the car will sell eventually. I agree with the above statement regarding it being a nitrous car. I would describe it just as you did here...plumbed for nitrous, but never sprayed. JMO.

It looks really clean, take as many detailed pictures as possible. Oh yea....car shows are never a bad idea

stock sells faster. no one really wants to buy a strip car because its hard to trust what the P/O has done. not saying that you did a shady job, but lots of projects get sold because the work done was half ass and nothing works the way it is supposed to.

Now that you mention that, if he's got the stock parts and has the time, I'd put it as close to back to stock as possible. And sell it that way and then either keep or sell the performance parts. You'll get the most money that way but it'll be a PITA.

Honestly if you have $16k into the car figure on getting $8k. Car looks nice. If it is as nice in person well built and goes 10's which it sounds like it should, $8k would be very fair. Personally I'd just keep the thing. If your selling it to make someone else happy that someone else isn't looking to make you happy. No offense just think you should consider that also.