need some advice guys.....help me out

bighack02

Nov 3, 2010
Ive got a 302 bored .040 over to a 306 there is some contraversy if the heads are gunna work with the cam i need some help its got a 579 lift with a 289 292 duration on the cam just using e7 heads that have been ported and polished with 1.6 roller rockers there have been people saying piston slap cam wont work with those heads put in your info and let me know .......

• Sponsors (?)

That cam is pretty extreme for e7's of any sort.
Probably be better off using an off the shelf cam.

If you do choose to use it, clearance's will will have to be checked, nobody is going to be able to tell you for certain if you are good to go or not.

With the amount of details you gave it is near impossible to give you a good idea on the cam, however in 98% of the cases that amount of lift will get you in trouble on a small relief flat top piston, although its the duration that really is the issue. youll have to clay it to be sure..

Im with 2000xp, something that aggressive seems out of line for a e7 headed motor.

.040" overbore = 308ci

alright guys thanx my best friends dad was helping me and we were suppost to start bulding it he suddenly just passed away so im trying to do all this on my own its difficult but hey well figure it out any help would be greatly appreciated