Need some advice on this plan

94_302

Founding Member
Sep 2, 2002
Miami
Okay I have 94 GT vert auto with ASP pullies, a mac CAI and the stock 3.27's. I dont have any high expectations for the car mid 14's would be nice. Would a full exhaust intake t/b and mass air would put me at that mark. Now here is the kicker I would prefer to do this without gears. Because I want to do the installs on my own and I hear gears are tough and can be fugged up easily. Now for the holidays I plan on treeting my car with something.
Cobra intake
Ported stock intake
pro-m mass air
valve body this one This is the cheapest I have seen, anyone know if this is a good one?
Now I only plan on 1 of the above. The valve body was something that I am really thinking about. I would like to hold off on the exhaust till I can afford to do it all at once. With the valve body I know it will make the shifts firm and all but will it bring the auto's performance more on level with a 5 spd? The reason why I would rather do a valve body over a shift kit I I hear you have to drill into the stock valve body and I want to be able to return everything to stock if I need/want to. Thanks for any advice.

• Sponsors (?)

tranny work is one of those things that are pretty much once and done, no going back. I would say depending the parts, you could get a full exhaust for less than a cobra intake(new). I would do the exhaust then the induction pieces, the exhaust is very restrictive. 5.0 mustang magazine did an article a while back about the most beneficial of mods, keeping in mind that pretty much everybody does a catback exhaust first then follows with:
1. gears
2. pulleys
3. headers
4. h-pipe
5. cold-air
6. mass air
7. throttle body

ProKiller said:
tranny work is one of those things that are pretty much once and done, no going back. I would say depending the parts, you could get a full exhaust for less than a cobra intake(new). I would do the exhaust then the induction pieces, the exhaust is very restrictive. 5.0 mustang magazine did an article a while back about the most beneficial of mods, keeping in mind that pretty much everybody does a catback exhaust first then follows with:
1. gears
2. pulleys
3. headers
4. h-pipe
5. cold-air
6. mass air
7. throttle body

I don't buy it. For one, the stok headers are pretty good for stock. Stock mass air and throttle body are nowhere near as restrictive as the stock lower intake. :shrug:

Well I want to keep the car as long as possible I just dont want to mod it heavily I know that sounds weird. The cobra intake would be a used one if I got it. I was also under the impression that if I got a valve body that you just undo the bolts put in the new one and put the old bolts back on. Tonight my friend bought me a thermal intake spacer for the stock 5.0 manifold he says its a 1/2 inch would this work with a ported lower? Now that I got this im seriously considering a ported lower by tmoss. However I still like the idea of the valve body. Thanks for teh advice so far.