Need some advice on this plan

94_302

Founding Member
Sep 2, 2002
Miami
Okay I have 94 GT vert auto with ASP pullies, a mac CAI and the stock 3.27's. I dont have any high expectations for the car mid 14's would be nice. Would a full exhaust intake t/b and mass air would put me at that mark. Now here is the kicker I would prefer to do this without gears. Because I want to do the installs on my own and I hear gears are tough and can be fugged up easily. Now for the holidays I plan on treeting my car with something.
Cobra intake
Ported stock intake
pro-m mass air
valve body this one This is the cheapest I have seen, anyone know if this is a good one?
Now I only plan on 1 of the above. The valve body was something that I am really thinking about. I would like to hold off on the exhaust till I can afford to do it all at once. With the valve body I know it will make the shifts firm and all but will it bring the auto's performance more on level with a 5 spd? The reason why I would rather do a valve body over a shift kit I I hear you have to drill into the stock valve body and I want to be able to return everything to stock if I need/want to. Thanks for any advice.

94_302 said:
and I want to be able to return everything to stock if I need/want to. Thanks for any advice.

My advice.... decide NOW if you are going to keep the car and mod it or not. The above thinking is kinda silly. You are either going to dump money in the car or not.

tranny work is one of those things that are pretty much once and done, no going back. I would say depending the parts, you could get a full exhaust for less than a cobra intake(new). I would do the exhaust then the induction pieces, the exhaust is very restrictive. 5.0 mustang magazine did an article a while back about the most beneficial of mods, keeping in mind that pretty much everybody does a catback exhaust first then follows with:
1. gears
2. pulleys
3. headers
4. h-pipe
5. cold-air
6. mass air
7. throttle body

I don't buy it. For one, the stok headers are pretty good for stock. Stock mass air and throttle body are nowhere near as restrictive as the stock lower intake.

Well I want to keep the car as long as possible I just dont want to mod it heavily I know that sounds weird. The cobra intake would be a used one if I got it. I was also under the impression that if I got a valve body that you just undo the bolts put in the new one and put the old bolts back on. Tonight my friend bought me a thermal intake spacer for the stock 5.0 manifold he says its a 1/2 inch would this work with a ported lower? Now that I got this im seriously considering a ported lower by tmoss. However I still like the idea of the valve body. Thanks for teh advice so far.