Need some help with my new oil pan!!!

Kdubslugga

Jun 7, 2003
Akron, OH
I just got a new Morosso Oil pan for my stroker from Summit today. Its a 7.5 inch deep, side kick out pan 7qt capacity. I also got the recommended pick up tube to go along with it. Now the pan is called a dual sump pan, is this going to work on my 88 gt?? I understand that the factory pan is a rear sump, so what is a dual sump??? Is there anything special i need or does the "Sump" refer to the type of pick up tube i need?? Also the passenger side kickout has 2 plugs on it, one for the dipstick tube included and I have no idea what the other one is for but its much bigger, im wondering instead of drilling a hole in the pan for the Supercharger drain hole if i can just use this hole thats already there, that may be a stupid question but i just want to make sure first! Thanks in advance!

• Sponsors (?)

I'm pretty sure the stock mustang pan is considered a dual sump, that's why you have to drain the oil in the front and the back, it's also why you can't get the pan off with the engine in the car.
Explorer 5.0's have the rear sump.

If you can get a matching windage tray to go with the pan kit, i'd do that too while you got it apart.