Need some help...

ok, long story short, i picked up an all stock 91 hatch 5.0 back in august. had no intentions of buying the car, but got it for $1900 so i couldn't resist. the plan was to use it as a beater, but it needs a little work. nothing major, at least i don't think. like i said, it was all stock, right down to the airbox, and it has the AOD tranny. i am not new to mustangs, as this one makes my 7th. the car has 175K on it, but runs well with that many miles on it. doesn't smoke or use oil at all. the rear main leaks a little drop or two every now and then, so no biggy to me. the problems are these. the low coolant light stays on all the time, even though the coolant is full, probably a sensor gone bad? also, the temp gauge jumps a little, nothing major, it don't overheat, or even get passed the middle of the gauge, so it probably needs a thermostat? the speedometer jumps like crazy, it reads 140 on the highway, and clicks like crazy. i was told the speedo cable needed replacing? then i was told the bulhead on the back of the speedo was bad, and i need to replace the speedo? but of all the issues with the car, i wasn't going to worry about them, remember, it was supposed to be a beater. but now, since i drive it more and more, i want to start fixing it up, making it a nicer car than what it is. the main issue, the suspension. this thing rides worse than a lowered horse and buggy with no tires. when i go over any bumps in the road, it feels like the front end is coming apart. i thought it might be worn out shocks/struts/springs, but i have driven cars with all that wrong, and they didn't feel like this thing does. so maybe i am thinking it is the control arms. maybe the bushings are shot? i don't know, but i am sure someone on here can help? if that is the case, then i will probably replace all the front suspension with a tubular k member and tubular control arms, also do the rear too. if the front is worn out, the rear has to be. anyway, if you guys can help, shoot me some ideas, i would appreciate it...

• Sponsors (?)

Remove and clean the coolant sensor.
Swap the stat for the sake of doing so. WHile at it, I'd install a real temp gauge.

As noted, the dampers are probably shot. Inspect front LCA bushings, strut bushings, etc to see what looks degraded.

Good luck with the project.

another thing to check in the front are your caliper bolts. when the brake pads wear and if you hit alot of small bumps over time the holes get reamed out and it sounds like a clicking sound when you hit bumps but it stops when you hit the brakes. only way to cure that is get new pads and new caliper bolts. ive replaced the caliper bolts twice since ive owned this car in 01. just something to look for as well:nice: