Need torque value for '90 2.3 caliper bolts.

• Sponsors (?)

The Chilton Ford Mustang 89-93 manual says the following:

Brake Caliper
Removal and Installation

To install:

5. Install the caliper over the rotor with the outer brake shoe against the rotor's braking surface.

(Fig. 25 The caliper bolts use Torx or hex head)

6. Lubricate the inside of the locating pin with silicone dielectric grease. Install the caliper locating pins and tighten to 45-65 ft. lbs. (61-88 Nm).

Hope that helps!

"Value" LOL means a whole lot of things these days, and speaking of calipers, I was replacing brakes on my 98 Grand Am GT and some F&@king idiot put on the wrong caliper bolts in it. I have never heard of a 9mm hex caliper bolt have any of you? I cannot even find a tool for it. I have sence seen the "Value" of a torx bit and a sledge. Couple of whacks and they came out fine and had to be replaced with the correct size and sleeve 8mm.

ONE more... I guess there is a speed sensor in that area that you need to have hooked up so the car knows how fast it is going. WELL.......I guess I kind of unhooked this when I was doing the brake job and now the car decided to 1. turn on the ever helpful and knowledgeable check engine light, 2. turned off the spedometer and wreak havic on the tach and, 3. drive no faster than 40. So I had to go to AZ and have them run the codes to see what the F was going on. I need to buy a code checker for my garage. Tomorrow after work I am looking for the damn speed sensor I guess to fix it.

This thread is now on both the technical and non-technical dicussions. Messed me up, I thought I had wound up in some alternate universe where I never replied to this thread(I answered the thread in the non-tech area). "What else could be different?" I thought momentarily.

My stang has a 427 stroker in the alt. universe...
I'm filthy rich in the alt. universe...
Life is peachy in the alt. universe...
West coast beach house...
Zen calm...
No headache...
Sinuses clear...

Then I snapped out of my stupor, and discovered the thread I answered. :shrug:

That Alka-Selter Clod Plus will mess you up! :crazy:

kiddiccarus said:
ONE more... I guess there is a speed sensor in that area that you need to have hooked up so the car knows how fast it is going. WELL.......I guess I kind of unhooked this when I was doing the brake job and now the car decided to 1. turn on the ever helpful and knowledgeable check engine light, 2. turned off the spedometer and wreak havic on the tach and, 3. drive no faster than 40. So I had to go to AZ and have them run the codes to see what the F was going on. I need to buy a code checker for my garage. Tomorrow after work I am looking for the damn speed sensor I guess to fix it.

Thanks for the heads up kiddiccarus :nice: