Needing help with ticking noise motor

Blakonblak94

Jan 31, 2010
Hey guys, I need some help with ideas as to where my ticking noise is coming from. I have 1.6 scorpion rockers, and trickflow heads. I have a slight ticking noise that I can hear from inside the car, and is also noticeable on the outside. It sounds similar to an exhaust leak, seems to be isolated to the passenger side. I've pulled the valve cover and it doesnt appear to be a loose rocker seeing as how that is much much louder. Any other suggestions?

• Sponsors (?)

i guess you already know that an exhaust leak also results in a ticking sound .... so i assume you ruled out an exhaust leak?

if you need lifters, i have a set of stock lifters sitting on my desk. i'll sell them to you for $20 plus shipping (probably about $10)

let me know

i guess you already know that an exhaust leak also results in a ticking sound .... so i assume you ruled out an exhaust leak?

if you need lifters, i have a set of stock lifters sitting on my desk. i'll sell them to you for $20 plus shipping (probably about $10)

let me know

Are they new? If so, sold.

Kurt

I no longer have egr, it has a penny in the bung. I can hear the tap in the upper intake and mostly on the passenger side of the motor. I'm not sure how to check if its lifters. Can someone educate me?