New 1/4 times...get it while it's hot!

millhouse

Founding Member
May 14, 2002
Simpsonville, SC
While I generally refrain from posting 1/4 times lately, I have finally gotten somewhat decent results out of my combo...and for those who are generally interested I'll go ahead and let her rip. :D

Well, I had previously had all sort's of running isues...and for some reason I couldn't run better than a 12.2 @ 114mph. I seemed to have fixed all of those issues...which came from a combo of removing the flowbastards and running straight pipes and re-doing a good portion of my tune (and switching code version).

Anyways, I still think the itty bitty .48 exhuast housings are choking off my top end...but I'm pretty pleased considering the previous 114mph.

FYI, all of my runs I spun pretty bad up until part of 3rd. It appears I've passed the limitations of the Nitto's. Also, I was running the combo in my sig (8psi). Keep in mind that turbo setups are not the normal beasts, and any type of slipping typically has a negative effect on trap speeds as you actually loose horsepower due to decreased load.

R/T .446
60' 2.096
330 5.433
1/8 8.019
MPH 96.87
1000 10.227
1/4 12.066
MPH 123.15

• Sponsors (?)

with that MPH you should be running a high 10-low 11.

that 60' needs to be down to 1.5s with a good tire and launch and that will get you at around high 10s-11 flat. thats some nice MPH you can tell your spinning the tires hard on the timeslip.

throw some slicks on there and get even better times...still nice ET, it has more in it though

oh and we need a video!!

For sure!

and....not for sure! LoL, hopefully next time I'll find someone I can borrow a camera from. Vid's are nice for ****zle. :nice:

I mean sh!zzle lol, WTF!

with that MPH you should be running a high 10-low 11.

that 60' needs to be down to 1.5s with a good tire and launch and that will get you at around high 10s-11 flat. thats some nice MPH you can tell your spinning the tires hard on the timeslip.

Oh, I agree for sure. I'm most definately going to be switching to a more sticky tire next year. 11's should be a breeze with any hint of traction.

As far as the MPH's go, from my understanding turbo setups typically pick up mph with traction. It keeps load on the turbo's and keeps you making horsepower. I've talked to guys that went from 2.0 to 1.7 60's and actually picked up 3mph on the big end!

For sure!

and....not for sure! LoL, hopefully next time I'll find someone I can borrow a camera from. Vid's are nice for ****zle. :nice:

I mean sh!zzle lol, WTF!

Oh, I agree for sure. I'm most definately going to be switching to a more sticky tire next year. 11's should be a breeze with any hint of traction.

As far as the MPH's go, from my understanding turbo setups typically pick up mph with traction. It keeps load on the turbo's and keeps you making horsepower. I've talked to guys that went from 2.0 to 1.7 60's and actually picked up 3mph on the big end!

yeah actually hooking puts more of a load on the engine rather than just spinning the tires. more load means more exhaust gas which means a faster spinning turbo = more power ;)