New 2003 cobra acting like ****box

knubbepwn

Jan 25, 2011
Ok i just bought a 2003 cobra and it was running great.I figured hell i just bought it why not get some maintenence. I took it to a local shop xxx motorsports. .But on the way home it died 2 times when in normal load and low rpms it just died.Also when driving 40-60 in low rpm the car feels like its jerky and i smell something but its not oil and there is no smoke. to get this list of things done to it. at this shop. Jerky as in its missfiring or not getting enough fuel.Mind you if i give it the gas it gets all the power. but no noise or anything.NO lights come on for a few moments and then it starts back up. We are in a cold season and i cant figure that changing all the old fluids to new fluids would make the car run like ****. Help me please.

Transmission fluid change.
I got a full synthetic mobile one oil change with filter.
I got a fuel filter change.
I got spark plugs changed.
I got the oil changed on the supercharger as well.

• Sponsors (?)

No, check engine lights no codes. If anything it would be a soft code. I did some research its atb and something to do with needing a flash to stop the stall in deacceleration. or clean the stock one. Regapped the spark plugs runs good but has its random shut offs.

My cobra would stall and sometimes die like that at idle during the summer, also it will sometimes get stuck at a around 1800 rpm at idle, ive done some research and i think on mine its the idle air control valve, and its a common problem with the 4.6 mustangs. I don't know if that sounds like the same thing you have.