new block

gonna be rebuilding the engine soon and wanna know what the strongest/lightest/best block would be to stick back in. I gotta 90 gt. i wanna spin the motor around 7500....what kinda parts should i get for this on about a 10 to 15k budget. anyhelp would be appreciated.

• Sponsors (?)

WOW...15K budget??? You need an early 2 piece rear main block ( pre 74 302) the 5.0s will lose the lower end and crack in half. You need an early 302 crankshaft ( pre 74 two piece rear main ) 5.0s will break at 1-5 journal, the rest is cake!! good forged pistons ( although Hyper. will work with small power adders), ARP rod bolts in the stock rods, then resize the big end and balance the entire assy!! This works killer... or you could spend a couple grand for aftermarket block, 500 for H-Beam rods, 1500 custom crankshaft... and it wont really be any better than the above!! 'cept expensive!! LOL :) Heads.... anywhere from ported to AFRs.. it is the CAM that makes the power at that rpm!! Have fun!! there is NOTHING like hitting 7500 and cracking off second gear, to wing the engine to 7500 again and snap off 3rd!! It is total Gearhead!!

Just me.............................

Thumper