New Car, New Project

Congratulations, you sure are making quick work with this project
Hey thanks a lot, it seems like forever and when I look at some of the progress photos it seemed so long ago.
Luckily the car was in pretty good condition to begin with, so I had a good base.
I'm really pleased with the out come and hope to be able to enjoy it for awhile here before winter hits.

• Sponsors (?)

Congratulations on your build brother.

You built a really nice car yourself, it's a beautiful blue with lots of custom touches.

How many people are willing or able to pull the engine from their cars to customize it? (other than us nut jobs here)

Good job man, you should be proud of what you have done.

So I got some things done today and was finally able to take her out for a little shakedown run. Had a bad hesitation and running rough, found an open vacuum port, so capped it off and runs much better.
It was late but I did a quick video of it running, I'll so a better walk around tomorrow.
Congratulations on your build brother.

You built a really nice car yourself, it's a beautiful blue with lots of custom touches.

How many people are willing or able to pull the engine from their cars to customize it? (other than us nut jobs here)

Good job man, you should be proud of what you have done.

Thanks a lot, I really enjoy the work, it's fun to me, if I didn't enjoy it I wouldn't do it. sure we all stumble on something and it makes us think we make a mistake trying this but I just walk away and it usually works out.
I see a ton of theses foxbodies out there and they all look kool but come on do something besides just throw a cowl induction hood on it, paint it and call it done.
I did some personalized things which are not for everyone but I built it for me, may not be for everyone. I think it looks clean and sharp. Paint came out great for a novice, engine looks and runs great.
BTW I took it for a little spin today. YYYYAAAHHHHOOO !!!

Reactions: 1 users
Okay, today was the day. tidied up a few lose ends, console install, added shifter out of a 03 (brings shifter back about 3") feels nice, installed door sill plates, hood pins and plates, had a problem with the elec. fan( kept blowing 30a fuses) found out the fan hub was dragging on the rad.
Not to much more to do just a few more screws on interior and add some light bulbs inside.
Took her out and drive about 80 miles without any problems, new rad, seems to be doing the job, 55 deg. here today and the fan never came on !!
Thanks for all the comments, great website, I'll still be looking around at what everyone else is doing.

so, just doing some lose ends today. I had picked up a shifter out of an 03 stang which has about a 3" offset to and installed it today. I love it, it's very comfortable to the reach and feels good. simple swap just need some longer bolts.

Attachments

• shft1.JPG
    shft1.JPG
    673.1 KB · Views: 135
  • shft2.JPG
    shft2.JPG
    693.4 KB · Views: 137
Well I think I'm about done, I'll always have some things to tinker with but for the most part I think she's complete. Thanks for all your help and advise. Been getting in a few days of driving and thing seem quite good. going to get some new rear tires soon and then I'll see how the car sets and maybe make an adjustment, we'll see. I think I'm going to take it to someone who can tune the computer or at least take a look at it, a lot of stuff on this motor has been changed and I'm not sure if the computer is making all the changes.
101_0520.JPG

Reactions: 1 user
Old school rake going right there, reminds me of when I was a kid in the early 80's, we would " jack up " everything, Camaro's, Chevelles, Monte Carlos, with air shocks or re arched springs or taller coils, whatever it took to get it off the ground and get huge meats underneath.

I wasn't gonna say nuth'n bout the rake, he's trying to fit tires and those wheels and jacked it up with some spiffy blocks he added to the lcrs under the springs, he's gonna readjust when he gets another set of tires, least thats what I understood.
The o'l lowered car tire rub-a-dub-dub.
Good look'n ride thu