NEW DAY NEW PROBLEM

DMAN302

My mom says thanks for the pearl necklace.
Nov 8, 2003
windsor, Canada
Ok yesterday I thought I had solved problem with high idle and rpm hanging between shifts by replacing IAC TPS and reseting idle and adjusting tps, the car ran perfect. Ok new day come home from lunch start car and idle starts high then falls to about 900-1000rpm...seems good runs 2minutes and all good. THEN I touch the gas to rpm start rising to about 1500 and hang, I decide to drive it and rpm are hanging and sometimes spiking a bit when I engage clutch for shifts and idling high at stop. Why would car run good when warm then start acting up again the next day?? To note I have also noticed a miss at idle but I atribute this to possible bad plug but any info will do..just please don't ask me to reset Idle again or remove TB and EGR to clean cause I already did, and vac is at 20hg at the tree.

• Sponsors (?)

My car was doing the same damn thing a few weeks ago (hanging up between shifts, idle would jump a bit when putting it in gear, etc.). After removing that ridiculous idle adjuster plate, cleaning the IAC, TB, etc. and setting everything back up, the idle wouldn't go lower than 1500, with the stop screw set all the way out.

I finally got fed up enough to where I ran the car without the IAC hooked up. No more hanging up between shifts, no more high idle, etc. Only thing that's annoying is cold starting...you have to kinda keep yuor foot on the gas a bit to get it to idle.

My point...try running it without the IAC. Turn in the stop screw so it idles where you want it and see what happens.

Good luck. :nice: