New door panels.....the hard way

Thats the fun of our cars. Would you do that with a 2015?? Maybe.
You'd probably have to take it to the dealer to have them flash the door control module and resync it with the audio control unit. I don't know if any of that's real, but the new ones are fun to drive, but not to work on.

• Sponsors (?)

You'd probably have to take it to the dealer to have them flash the door control module and resync it with the audio control unit. I don't know if any of that's real, but the new ones are fun to drive, but not to work on.

You're about my age. All of that has been said before but it was in reference to the impossible and insurmountable level of non-user friendly and impossible to understand Fuel Injection.

I mean... Ford was deliberately trying to make it so that nobody could work on their cars! :fuss:

Remember? :jester:

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user
You're about my age. All of that has been said before but it was in reference to the impossible and insurmountable level of non-user friendly and impossible to understand Fuel Injection.

I mean... Ford was deliberately trying to make it so that nobody could work on their cars! :fuss:

Remember? :jester:
Oh yes I do. I was at a testing center for Microsoft certifications a few years ago and struck up a conversation with a guy in his twenties who was there for auto mechanic certification tests. I told him how difficult it has all become since the fox body days. He looked at me and said it was actually a lot easier now. Everything is so simple and easy to diagnose, take apart and replace.

Kids these days.

Oh yes I do. I was at a testing center for Microsoft certifications a few years ago and struck up a conversation with a guy in his twenties who was there for auto mechanic certification tests. I told him how difficult it has all become since the fox body days. He looked at me and said it was actually a lot easier now. Everything is so simple and easy to diagnose, take apart and replace.

Kids these days.

I dunno. I kinda agree with him with some points

I've wrenched plenty on older cars, and having a newer car 've hooked my laptop up to it to reflash modules or troubleshoot things. If you know what you are doing on a PC it is pretty easy. I've used Forscan to troubleshoot some heated seat issues i was having on my '14 Taurus, as well as reprogram modules, or unlock navigation and make it functional on the stock head unit. You can pull up PID's on all sort of things in the car to see if they are working as intended. It's a great tool if you know how to use it.

It still is a hell of a lot easier to replace a water pump on a fox body than it is on virtually anything new these days. The issue is space...you just can't get to anything. I've seen so many repairs that require dropping the engine down from the body to make the repair. How many people are going to do that in their driveway on a sat to fix it.

Last edited:
I dunno. I kinda agree with him with some points

I've wrenched plenty on older cars, and having a newer car 've hooked my laptop up to it to reflash modules or troubleshoot things. If you know what you are doing on a PC it is pretty easy. I've used Forscan to troubleshoot some heated seat issues i was having on my '14 Taurus, as well as reprogram modules, or unlock navigation and make it functional on the stock head unit. You can pull up PID's on all sort of things in the car to see if they are working as intended. It's a great tool if you know how to use it.

It still is a hell of a lot easier to replace a water pump on a fox body than it is on virtually anything new these days. The issue is space...you just can't get to anything. I've seen so many repairs that require dropping the engine down from the body to make the repair. How many people are going to do that in their driveway on a sat to fix it.
I guess it's generational. I still haven't figured out the voodoo behind a carburetor.

• Haha
I've wanted to microsquirt my weedwhacker for some time now. I need to carry a carb-tuning screwdriver in my back pocket when I used it. I have no idea what i'm doing.
They've got 40 volt electric ones with a rechargeable battery now. By the time you figure it out, it will be obsolete.

We'll be telling our grandkids how everything used to cost a dollar before too long.