New Fox owner: Old Member!!

Well I haven't been in here much but am hoping to be in the future. I'm finally a fox body owner after years of wanting one. Best part i got it for $0 dollars. Gotta love old Grandad. He gave me his 1990 Notch 4cy/auto this past month. He is 83 and can't drive anymore and the car was sitting for about 5 years now in NC. My father got it running and drove her back to Ga. Already scored a nice set of 5 star pony wheels w/ new BFG tires on Craigslist for what is was going to cost to put some new 14" tires on the the crappy old 4 banger rims. Anyway it will I hope be a father and son project for myself and my 10 year old one day. Interior is good, little rust on deck lid. I'm checking out the options for a v8 swap and I'm sure there is tons of good info here I will be checking out. Just thought i'd share. Maybe one day it can be mine stripe machine if it doesn't get wrecked by a 16 year old in the future...:nice:

• Sponsors (?)

Congrats on the new (to you) Fox! Hope you can have fun fixing it up the way you want. But I LOVE your 65! My dad bought an almost identical 65 fastback 2 days after I was born back in March 1965, white with blue interior. Man, I wish he didn't sell it to a teenager at the gas station when the oil pump went out, he only got like $250 for it in 1976!!! But with the prices of them now, I'll never get one for myself.

Good luck on the Fox!

Congrats on the new (to you) Fox! Hope you can have fun fixing it up the way you want. But I LOVE your 65! My dad bought an almost identical 65 fastback 2 days after I was born back in March 1965, white with blue interior. Man, I wish he didn't sell it to a teenager at the gas station when the oil pump went out, he only got like $250 for it in 1976!!! But with the prices of them now, I'll never get one for myself.

Good luck on the Fox!

Thanks for the comments. I like the look of your 5.0 and as it turns out it's the same color as the 1990 I just got. Do you know what color Ford calls it, I just thought it was maroon but I'm sure there is a certain name for it. I try to post some pics sometime. Thanks.

Thanks for the comments. I like the look of your 5.0 and as it turns out it's the same color as the 1990 I just got. Do you know what color Ford calls it, I just thought it was maroon but I'm sure there is a certain name for it. I try to post some pics sometime. Thanks.

Thanks, It needs a repaint, it is almost looking like a rat rod after 22 years in the Houston sun!

The color is Medium Cabernet. Here is a pic I found that inspired me to use the Bullitt wheels. This car looks the same as mine, except for the spoiler, I have a GT one on mine:
cabernethatch.jpg

When I repaint it I will probably go all body color on the side mouldings. I was going to keep them black, but a guy on here or Stangnet painted his all one color, and it looked NICE!

Pics from about 5 years ago, with old wheels:

http://statefilingsoftware.com/pictures/carpic3.jpg

http://statefilingsoftware.com/pictures/carw96wheels.JPG

Trbkrb: I like those pic's and yours looks real clean. I hope I can get mine that clean someday. I took some pics to show. As you can see the paint was pretty rough after 19 years of oxidation, tree sap and neglect. I'm still working on it but I was amazed was some rubbing compound and elbow grease to do, I first thought the paint was gone but it's coming out. The hood and deck lid have not be done so you can get an idea of what i started with. I spent about 1 hr alone just vacuuming and cleaning the inside and it still needs more but that will be another day.. I think it's got some potential, it's got 119k on it but I got a quote for a 5.0 engine, aod trans, all the wiring harness stuff and 8.8 rear for $2500 from a local Mustang supplier.

8359610217_large.jpg

8359610218_large.jpg

8359610219_large.jpg

8359610216_large.jpg

8359610213_large.jpg

8359610214_large.jpg

It does look good! When cared for this paint can hold up well, especially for a red and a non clear coat. Put some polish for dark colors on it and it can really shine. Up until my car was about 15 yrs old the paint would look great after I compounded, polished & waxed it up. But now my paint is so bad the edges of the fenders and the front center of the roof are worn down past the primer. Zoom in on the linked pics and you will see!

Interior looks familiar, I changed my red LX "4 banger" interior out to a black 90 interior with 2002 leather seats a few years ago.

http://statefilingsoftware.com/pictures/front_w_halos.jpg