New Fuel Pump/ Injectors Now Car Won't Get Fuel Pressure

FordRustang

Jul 16, 2019
Texas
I own a 1998 Mustang Gt, I had gotten a new fuel pump to get my project started and learned I need new fuel injectors. I replaced all 8 of them with new ones and now my car won't start as it did before with the old ones. The car will turn over and crank, I can here the fuel pump prime but the car won't get any fuel to the fuel rails. I'm really just curious what the issue is. Any help is greatly appreciated

• Sponsors (?)

Should we assume that the car would start with the new fuel pump before the fuel injectors were replaced? And now the fuel injectors were replaced now it won't start?

When the fuel pump was replaced did you replace the entire basket or just the fuel pump? Why does this matter? Because if just the fuel pump were replaced then it would be necessary to field splice the fuel pump wires to the basket. This creates the possibility that the fuel pump has been wired backwards. This will create a situation where the fuel pump makes noise (runs) but does not produce any pressure.

Are the new fuel injectors the same size as original?

Have you confirmed key on power at each fuel injector? Have you checked to see if any fuses are blown?

Have you listened for the fuel injector "click" during cranking?

1996+ Crank with no start check list

Last edited: