New Guy checking in

Tripped1

Mar 27, 2010
Hey folks,

So my live in GF found a 94 Mustang GT she simply had to have. So all of a sudden I have a 94 Mustang GT with 88,000 miles that runs like a bull:D So I got it halfway home and noticed that the blinkers didn't work (was busy "testing" the clutch on the test drive

About the car
The interior is in better shape then my 2006 F-150:shrug: It has a couple couple of coats of ticket me yellow paint and a pretty cool stripe job. The body is GREAT for a 16 year old, there is a little spidering on the front left corner and a few rock chips....period. I've changed multifunction switch and everything but the foglights works, keyless, power seats, most of the gauge displays (cruise indicator doesn't seem to work).

I can tell you it aint stock.....so far I've noticed
Long tube headers
X-pipe (there might be a cat in it don't know)
some loud ass exhaust, it has mufflers, but I was always a Camaro guy I don't recognize them
Definately a posi of some sort, 2nd=sideways:nice:
shock tower brace in the front
weld in subbie connectors
17x9 Ford Racing wheels in chrome, the 240/45s up from barely make it to the bead and the 275/40s don't look pinched in the back

Sneaking suspicions:
Geared, I haven't had a stick since 2001 (I'm rusty) and I've pulled out of lights in 3rd gear......and first is barely good for 20mph
Cam, it lopes pretty good at idle, but there is something going on with the FI, idle sits at 1,500 till completely stopped, so I have to dig into that a bit

Pics forthcoming, I'm taking a break to post this before I dig back in. Feel good to turn a wrench again, I got to used to my stone reliable trucks.

• Sponsors (?)

Welcome to the forums, tripped1. Sounds like your GF got more than she bargained for in the Stang!! I hope you get it all figured out soon. :nice:

I'm a career electronics guy and a hobbyist wrench. I've already straightened out the minor electrical issues, the only surprise was the $54 for a pair of driving light bulbs, I mean really, these aren't PIAA or HID, just sylvainia hyperwhites:rlaugh:

She has only driven it once, I keep taking off with it....its more fun then my truck and my bikes are parked due to crappy weather.