New Guy Here With A Couple Qs

mr89

Jul 1, 2012
Hey all my name is Robert. I am looking at a green 2000 mustang v6. now, ive been driving stick all my life and i prefer it over automatic, however this mustang is AUTOMATIC. It is in amazing shape and have 104,000 miles.
What transmission is in it? the AOD or the 4r70w? it is a mustang "base".
next question, is there anything wrong with modifying a v6 automatic mustang? I know alot of people will most likely hate on it if i started modding it because its auto and v6. I received shi* for driving a 95 auto v6. if i get it, my plans will be this, TMA TURBO! dual exhaust, and keeping it looking like just a plain old v6 mustang so i can kill Rice burners ;).

is this a good idea or should i wait and find a 5 speed?

• Sponsors (?)

My advice. Don't "hack up" a perfectly good car. There are plenty of fish in the sea. Spend some time and find the car that you want with the 5 speed.

OBTW, your 2000 Mustang has a 4R70W.

Ya turbo auto sounds like ricer wanna be just kidding. Auto cars are not that reliable for a turbo setupexpecially if it doesnt have a t 45 or t 5 tranny. And at least 3.43 gear or 4.10 even if u put the turbo on the car its only going to give it low end torque maybe 70 hp but that at shi* if you dont have gears

Ya turbo auto sounds like ricer wanna be just kidding. Auto cars are not that reliable for a turbo setupexpecially if it doesnt have a t 45 or t 5 tranny. And at least 3.43 gear or 4.10 even if u put the turbo on the car its only going to give it low end torque maybe 70 hp but that at shi* if you dont have gears

huh? Autos are preferred over manuals on turboed cars and t45 or t5 is manual. I wouldnt even think of running 4.10's, especially not with an auto. But, im not rehearsed on the v6 stuff :cool::rolleyes:

Nope honda si twin turbo and a 96 stang with 240 hp. Not saying automatic is crap just saying i dont think its going to hold that much boost with automatic clutch packs. And seeing the intake is probably plastic. Just looking out for ppl. Seen alit of stuff go to junk yards bc ppl told other ppl it will be fine

Then no way will that car ever get boost to the road like it should. If it were me i would supercharge it that way boost would stay constant. Might take a lil bit to build but better reliable and dont burn so much oil and dont have to rebuild it. I use to have a jdm right side drive crx with a spoone engine with jackson racing supercharger. Got about 200 hp in a 2000 lb frontvwheel drive car

If you dont want an auto V6 don't get the car. Try not to get caught up in the excitement of purchasing a new car. Been there done that once. Worst choice of my life (2012 Focus SE). Just save up and get what you want, keep looking there's a lot of GTs out there pretty cheap.