new guy looking for help please

nickgt92

Jan 9, 2011
hey everyone im new to this. my names nick and i have a 92 hatch 5.0 gt this is my second 5.0. but i have a question and i need some help.
so im trying to install a racing tach and i have all the wires on but i cant figure out where the green wire gose, the wire that makes the tach needel read the rpms? can anyone help me out and maybe show me some pics to help please?

thanks nick.

• Sponsors (?)

hey everyone im new to this. my names nick and i have a 92 hatch 5.0 gt this is my second 5.0. but i have a question and i need some help.
so im trying to install a racing tach and i have all the wires on but i cant figure out where the green wire gose, the wire that makes the tach needel read the rpms? can anyone help me out and maybe show me some pics to help please?

thanks nick.

ok cool thanks alot guys ill give it a try and see what happens :)

i was going to do that but wen i went to pull back the gauge panell i couldnt pull it out far enought to do it because the speedometer cable was atattched and i was worried that if i took it off it would be really hard to put it back on?

im installing a new tack on my 5.0 and i tryed to plug it in on the neg side of the coil but it didnt work for some reason so i want to just tap into the spedometer wire behind the cluster but idk what wire do tap into or even what color? can anyone help please?

yea but the rpm on the cluster still works but wen i plug in the race tach to the neg it dosnt work but wen i plug it into the red wire on the coil it work but it reads at 3 grand? im hella confused ? so i wanna just plug it into the stock tach wire behind the cluster but idk what wire to tap into?

He is saying you have something else wrong with the tach. The negative side of the coil should work no problem. Do you have the power wire and ground hooked up correctly? That is where I would look if it still ain't working when hooked to the negative side of the coil. Also does the light come on when you turn your lights on like it should?

i bet you have the tach set for a 4 or 6cyl when it was reading 3k. check the tach settings. the side you got a tach signal from is most likly the neg. if you hook to the pos it should not read anything from what i remember

new problem :/ my overhead lamp is on all the time. u knw wen you open the doors and the lapm comes on and when u shut them it gose off well mine stays on all the time. and i checked the hatch and both doors everything is shut and it still stays on, any maybe know why?