New here need some advice

My67Galaxie

Apr 25, 2019
Ohio
Hello everyone..
Looking for some advice/suggestions concerning one of my classic Fords.

My 67 stang is still currently in the restoration process and awaiting its turn to finish the body work .
So that brings me to my needs.

Ive a 67 Galaxie Fastback with the stock 289..C4 trans. Stock rearend.

Im wanting to do a cam,liffters and dbl roller,, new intake and exhaust to her in the coming weeks.

This car is bone stock with the exception of an Hei distributor put in by previous owners.

She is not driven hard never raced and always taken care of.

After putting 20k miles on it in the ladt few years im ready to just give her some more pep.

Any thoughts?
Advice?
Or experience to share.?
Thanks again. Scott
20181030_174056.jpg

Reactions: 1 user
  • Sponsors (?)

I moved this to the classic general talk forums.
There are a number of options here. And the members that hang here will help you along, here is my 2 cents
If you're just looking to spice it up a little grab a 5.0 roller block, do a head/cam/intake swap, a 600 to 650 carb, put a shift kit in the trans and a gear like maybe a 391 in the rear, headers, I figure you already have a duel exhaust on it and go have some fun.
But please keep any original numbers matching and hard to find parts.

Thanks for the reply..
Does a roller block have the same bolt pattern for my 67 c4??

Id love to do a full build but im not that knowledge/ skillset / builder capable.
My budget for what i was planning is around 1k.. maybe 1,500$..

Anymore advice is appreciated.
Thx Scott

The stated budget kinda puts a wrench in the 351 works, still should get one to start a build for later. Grab a good set of long tube headers, a intake and a 600 cfm carb and stick a set of 350 gears in it. It's got a nine incher in the rear right?