New kid on the block

87stampede

May 11, 2010
First post on the forum, just figured i'd let everyone know my situation. About three monthhs ago i decided to give myself a little graduation present and got my dream car... 87 mustang gt. Got it for 3,000 its got 160k on it, but runs amazing. Mods done by the previous owner are all new wiring in the engine, cervinis functional ram air good, stage 2 racing clutch, 1.5" drop springs and bigger tires(not sure what size but with the stock pony wheels), new temp gauge, new tach with a shift light, lx tails, h pipe in place of cats, dual flowmasters, to stock tail pipes to give it a little bit of a sleeper look i guess.

Acouple nights ago i was drivin and the clutch i thought blew out but it was the quadrant because it was the stock plastic one, so i had a buddy put in an aluminum one which should of been in in the first place but he didn't put in the adjustable cable that came with it so it was super stiff and stuck on the way out and was slipping. The reason i'm posting is that i had him put in the new cable tonight and it feels absolutely amazing. i fell in love with my car all over again, and it shifts soooo quick now, i love it.

Anyways, now that schools out and i'm gonna have time to work on it, i'm about to order some parts from late model restoration and was wanting you alls opinions on them. Things on the list to get are, new weatherstripping beacause its like a tornado with the windows up, new headlights because mine look aweful, new side moldings for both doors because the passenger door doesn't even have the molding and the drivers side looks like crap, fog lights to fill the empty holes in the front bumper, and apparently the guy i bought it from enjoyed running over curbs because the front bumper is tore to hell so i'm gonna get a new one, probably the cobra bumper. Any comments or ideas here?

One last thing, there is a mach 1 mustang in town, not sure what year but the 99-04 body style that is white and has black on the sides, black hood scoop, and black spoiler that i absolutely love the look of. mine is all white and i was wondering your opiniions on if i painted the wing black, what else should i paint black, or would that look terrible?

Anyways, thanks for listening to my rant! Just wanted to welcome myself.

• Sponsors (?)

Welcome, & congrats on getting your dream stang...

Now, to your question, its a good idea, but I don't think it would look that great with the spoiler, or anything else painted black for that matter. The spoiler design is totally different on a 99-04, & I just don't think it will work that well on a fox...

Ok, thanks. I wasn't sure how it'd look, but i wasn't sure if anyone on here had done it.

I just don't think it would look right, & since the spoiler extends directly off the hatch, it would make it look unfinished, especially from the side profile. A white fox is a thing of beauty IMO, is yours all white?

I actually own an 03 Mach 1, & although I love all the black accents, the black spoiler was 1 of the things I really didn't like, so I switched it out in favor of an 03/04 Cobra spoiler.

Yes, mine is all white. Some of its a little bit faded but you have to look really closely. and its chipped a little like around the wing and the doors, and the front bumper looks terrible. but overall its in pretty decent shape. I see what you mean about the black spoiler, i was just throwin the idea around. I forgot to mention in my list of things to do is get the windows tinted