New lights: Repro or Ford original ???

Bobafett123

Aug 30, 2006
Cleveland Ohio
I have a question for those of you that have replace your headlights ???? I am getting ready to replace my stock Very yellowed fishbowled headlights with a new set of 6 piece head lights. I have noticed that there is a pretty good price difference between the Reproduction head light kits and the Ford original headlights with reproduction side markers. Is there really any difference either way ???? I was leaning toward a 1 piece set to replace my stockers but not real happy with the look.

• Sponsors (?)

All I know is do not buy the $200 6 piece aftermarket projectors from 50resto...they really look sharp as hell but the quality is very bad. First day I had them one of the inside lens covers just fell off and the other one cracked. I used some clear silicone and made the look ok, contacted 50resto and they will not let me exchange them for a different brand, only the same ones and that is after I spent over $2000 on various things with them. Maybe I am overreacting but they have lost my business, I would rather give CJ's or one of the other aftermarket resto places my business.

I bought repo's from 50resto.com and they fit/look great. They don't leak. I didn't put silicone around them? I didn't see the point i guess. The only way i'd go Ford OEM. Is if i was restoring it to stock. As one guy said. "You get what you pay for" Thats totally true. But the repos from 50resto.com are good quality. But i went repo cause i bought "ultra clear" which they don't make OEM Ford. So....