New Magnaflow exhaust clip

85_SS_302_Coupe

it sucks (I know) to be on the receiving end
15 Year Member
Nov 11, 2003
Northern KY
I braved the freezing ass cold and 50mph winds today to install my new Magnaflows. I traded my Forza Flow 3'' mufflers for them. I liked the FF's but they just weren't what i was looking for. I don't know if the Magnaflows are "it" either but damn they do sound fantastic even with no tail pipes and not even dumps, just open exits out the back. They definitely have a more quality sound than anything i've ever ran and less drone than anything else too. They're super quit at an idle and with the windows up i can hear the engine more than the exhaust note but at WOT they scream pretty nice.

My car wasn't even warmed up yet, hence the white show coming out the exhaust.

View attachment 330977

They definitely have a huge difference in sound vs. revving at idle and driving under load...more so than anything else i've ran. While driving if you baby it they're very tame sounding but at about 1/2 pedal they open up and then just rip at WOT.

• Sponsors (?)

I don't know man, I like those old mufflers you modified better. I just hate the way magnaflows sound. I don't care if I get flamed for that statement, go ahead. The sound is just not right for me.

Just my opinion, if its not worth 2 cents to anyone, then oh well.

Yeah those old custom 1 chambers were badass, they just still weren't that sound i was looking for. I'll probably stick with these at least long enough to get tail pipes but they don't have enough rasp for them to be a permanent fixture.

I dunno , just doesnt sound very throaty, kinda like a stock stang, but not even. I dont think i like them at all. theres no muscle behind them, but hey you wont know what they sound like till ya throw em on. And its your car anyway, so if you like it , thats all that matters man. I would try to magnapaks, i heard a couple of them and they sounded good.

these kinda sound badasss and differnet

http://youtube.com/watch?v=trCW8fYuvL4

I dunno , just doesnt sound very throaty, kinda like a stock stang, but not even. I dont think i like them at all. theres no muscle behind them, but hey you wont know what they sound like till ya throw em on. And its your car anyway, so if you like it , thats all that matters man. I would try to magnapaks, i heard a couple of them and they sounded good.

these kinda sound badasss and differnet

http://youtube.com/watch?v=trCW8fYuvL4

See those have that baffling sound to them and i HATE that sound...sounds like a truck. Definitely not for me. I've gotta get a buddy to take some clips of my car driving because the revving clips just aren't cutting it for me anymore.

I love my Magnaflows and have been asked to stop racing at my local track after ten due to 97 db at WOT. Opposite of quite. I like the sound you got, plus the magnaflows have been dyno tested to be one of the leaders in power in comparison to all other mufflers.

I love my Magnaflows and have been asked to stop racing at my local track after ten due to 97 db at WOT. Opposite of quite. I like the sound you got, plus the magnaflows have been dyno tested to be one of the leaders in power in comparison to all other mufflers.

Ya know i thought it was just all in my head but i swear it's got more torque now. I can roll in about 20mph in second and mat the gas and blow the tires away and it never did that before. It seems like it hit the sweet spot in back pressure or something.

I have 3 chambered flows with dumps, long tubes and an o/r shorty h, and I love the sound...but I've heard that flows destroy power gains and was trying to decide on whether to swap to magna flow since they have the best gains. But have not heard magna-flow in person to see the sound difference. :shrug: