New Member, 98 Gt, In Need Of A 4v!

Hey new to stangnet. I am from springfield missouri, but i am currently stationed at Fort Hood, Texas. I am active duty army. Been around mustangs my whole life. This is the first mustang i have owned, i have owned it since 2011, when my dad passed away it was left to me to finish.
Its a 98 GT, with around 60k miles. my dad bought so many parts for this thing i still am finding them in the shop. His goal was to make this a complete cobra clone (he bought it rolled over and repaired it himself). So basically when i got it was a shell with tons of parts waiting to be installed. Since i have owned it i have installed, cobra hood, front and rear bumper, saleen spoiler, cervini side scoops, 04 chrome cobra wheels, 04 cobra brakes, cobra guages, cobra airbag, fr500 steering wheel, qa1 tubular k member, eibach sportlines, bilstien shocks, every single bushing on the car is now poly, i rebuilt the 2v that was originally in it and did a full PI swap, along with all the bolt ons, screaming demon coils, cold air intake, bbk throttle body and intake plenum, underdrive pullies, ford racing headers, borla h pipe and magnapack mufflers. The rear end was rebuilt and i installed 3.73 gears in it.
That was my daily until last winter when i slid off the road and broke the bumper, bent the core support.. so as of now she sits in storage. Once i get home from deployment i have decided its time to get rid of that 2v and go 4v.
If you made it this far congrats haha, and let me know if anyone knows of any wrecked cobras with good drive trains!!!!!!

i uploaded a few pictures that i took when i first started with it, the gold cobra brakes are what is on it now! I also dynamatted the whole interior, under the headliner and the firewall even, it really quiets it down, cuts down on the typical sn95/new edge rattles.

thanks
nick

Attachments

• IMG_1236.JPG
    IMG_1236.JPG
    680.3 KB · Views: 83
  • IMG_1242.JPG
    IMG_1242.JPG
    529.6 KB · Views: 85
  • IMG_1272.JPG
    IMG_1272.JPG
    565 KB · Views: 76
  • IMG_1358.JPG
    IMG_1358.JPG
    518.8 KB · Views: 89
  • 067.JPG
    067.JPG
    582.3 KB · Views: 99
Reactions: 1 user
  • Sponsors (?)

Really nice project car man. Quite the list of upgrades!

Post a new thread in the 1996-2004 general talk subforum. You'll be with members that have your style of car and will probably have a line on the engine you want.

Sorry to hear about your old man.

Thanks for the compliments, yeah he spent alot of money on random parts. i kinda had to De-old man a few things, he liked alot of chrome in the engine bay ha.. ill probably be selling alot of those chrome pieces on here when i get back from deployment.

yeah he was a die hard mustang guy and all around good dude. got me started on cars when i was in elementary school. Back then he had a maroon 88 GT that i would love to find today.

thanks for the heads up also, i will be sure to post in the sn95 section!