New member here with 82 Mercury Carpi 5.0 RS.

TuFun

Females affect them in a very negative way O_o
5 Year Member
Jan 9, 2019
California
Original owner of an 82 Mercury Carpi 5.0 RS. Bought it new and still fun to drive with some minor upgrades!

TWR-5.0 RS.jpg

TWR-2.jpg

Reactions: 1 user
  • Sponsors (?)

Thanks! Those wheels are Rockwell International Mesh wheels. Installed them in 82 so they are old as the car. Originals were turbine hubcaps.
Don't like to waste money on cars. :rolleyes: Now that I'm retired the car can rest a bit, but just a little bit cause I drive her daily just for fun! ;)

Reactions: 1 user
Did a 79 a few years back, and did the usual things to make it fast. Changed the 7.5 out for a $100 8.8 with a $75 set of 4.10 gears. Did the basic truck motor with vortec heads and a cam. Got a set of free Hooser spring car front tires. Very soft and hooked great on the track. 12.20 et. and 109 mph. Hard to find those Mercs around here, was never a big seller.

Thanks, guys! I saw this white RS in a showroom at the Mercury dealer and said that's my car after test driving a black RS. Price new out the door... $10,000 thereabouts. Standard trans was a big seller to me!

I did the same, went to a local wrecking yard and they had an 8.8 from a 93 GT and found that it had 3.55 Zoom gears installed for the price of $100. They had already remove the axle from the car for a buyer but the buyer never showed up. Lucky me!

Oh, broke the spider gears in the 7.5 and an upgrade was necessary.:D

Also add progressive lowered springs, Ford Racing T5 trans with Hurst shifter, Super 10's with dual 2.5 stainless steel pipes, PA Performance 3G alternator and mini-starter, reduction pulleys and Ford Racing valve covers (black/polished fins).

Reactions: 1 users
Found a pic I wanted to add. Because of CA law, I can only run a single exhaust before the cat.
The split exhaust was designed for a Racing SVO Mustang, but using on my Capri with Super 10'S and 2.5 stainless steel tails.
DSCF0465-.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users