New Member: My first Mustang :)

anticubicle

Jul 30, 2007
Hey guys, new to the forum here and in fact new to the Mustang period!

Yesterday I picked up my 2008 GT in Vapor Metallic :) Pulled it off the lot with 5.5 miles on the odometer. I've found every excuse I could to drive the car today, whether it be driving down the block to my daily Starbucks run @ work (which I always walk) or going to the store to buy a gallon of Milk even though we already have one.

Yeah, I'm stoked :)

Options (off the top of my head)

5 Speed
Black Leather
18" Polished Aluminum Wheels
235/50/Z418 BFGoodrich Tires
My Color™
Ambient Lighting
Heated Seats
3.55 Ratio LSD
GT Appearance Pkg
Interior Upgrade Pkg.
Power 6-Way Driver & Passenger Seat
Mirror Compass
Shaker 500 Audio System

• Sponsors (?)

Hey guys, thanks for the welcome. I'm def gonna be picking your brains for mod information in the near future.

My plans (short term) are...

1. Tint
2. HID Kit for Headlights & Fogs
3. Catback Exhaust System
4. Cold Air Kit

And since I used to work for DiabloSport (and live close by) I may see if I can get the car into their tuning facility for some testing and tuning.

I honestly dunno where to go from there :) The car looks perfect as it is so I'm not really gonna go for any body kits, rims or a spoiler.

Will post pics tomorrow!

I took these the day I got it with my crappy digital camera. Took some shots last night with the Nikon D80 from work so I'll have to upload and crop them tonight :)

IMG_5003.JPG

http://www.nicklomedia.com/files/stang/IMG_5007.JPG

The first week I even drove mine down to the mailbox, or just sit in it and play retro CD's like Bruce Springstien "born to run" or Meatloaf "bat out of hell". It's been along time since I've had so much fun with a car, it's like the 70's all over again minus the 8 track hee hee !!!!!!!!!! Good luck and enjoy !!!

Congrats on the new ride, I'm also driving my first ever Mustang GT and I'm loving it. I came from a POS mazda 626, that had a whopping 98 hp at the wheels. Needless to say, the difference is unbelievable.

Having always been an old muscle car fan ( I would be driving a 69 Chevelle SS with a 468 big block right now if it were only a little more practical as a daily driver...), I'm loving the S-197. I've had my 07 stang for almost one full year now, and I can't help but smile every single time I start it up and hear that rumble....:nice:

I came from a POS mazda 626, that had a whopping 98 hp at the wheels. Needless to say, the difference is unbelievable.
I've had my 07 stang for almost one full year now, and I can't help but smile every single time I start it up and hear that rumble....:nice:

This is my 4th V8 Stang(was 3 years in between this and the last one). I was driving a diesel Jetta with a whopping 90HP @ the crank!!!!! It will be a year on the 29th of this month I've had the GT and I still find excuses to drive it:nice: In fact, the battery and state inspection are both dead on the Jetta as I haven't even driven it since Nov(it gets mid 40s MPG)! The Stang is just WAYYYYY too much fun!!!!!

We sisters have a knack for comments like that. :D And she is driving a what? :shrug:

She has a Blazer but want's a V6 Stang in Red.

My previous cars...

1989 Bronco II (LOL! Sold!)
1994 Camaro 3.4 (sold)
1997 Camaro 3.8 (sold)
1997 Camaro Z28 (totalled)
1994 Mark VIII (sold)
2002 Envoy SLT (still have it but with 140k miles!)