New Member - New Car

hemi_fan

Apr 8, 2004
Ontario, Canada
Hello, I'm new to this site, and also just bought a 1990 Mustang GT. Its my first stang, my first car even... so I'm kinda lost when it comes to repairing it. I have some questions about the car. First off, I want to replace the turbine rims with some 4-bolt cobra rims. I've seen a bunch of sets on e-bay, but I live in Canada and cant afford to have them shipped across the border. Does anyone know where I can get some (Canadian Location)? Also, the dash does not light up when the head-lights are on... is that normal? or do I have a blown fuse or something? Lastly, when I drive, coming from the right-rear wheel, theres like a clicking sound that increases speed as the car does, any ideas on that? Thanks, and I hope to learn a lot more about 6th gen. stangs.

• Sponsors (?)

yes you can run 87 octane as long as you keep the stock timing. dont know about the rims. i would check your fuse box for a blown fuse and if that comes up with nothing than check around for a bad wire under the dash. as for the noise, id just jack that side of the car up and take the tire and brake drum off and check out the brakes. maybe they just need adjusting, but the worse case scenario would probably be a bad axle bearing. youll get some better responses than mine, so dont worry

That sounds good, I have to do the rear shoes on the car anyway, so maybe that will stop the clicking... I'll check the fuses too, hopefully its just a blown fuse and nothing else, just need to find someone with a test light. are there any other ways of checking fuses other than with a test light?

hey there... as far as the dash lights go there is a silver thing thats about 4 times the size of a regular blade fuse and thats what the dash lights run through. theres a couple in the fuse box i'm not sure which one it is but that fixed my dash lights.. oh ya and welcome to hell..your car will never be fast enough..lol

mystic

ahaha, its true... i'll probably be flat broke for some time now... And yeah, im a dummy, it was the dimmer switch. lmfao. I've got to check the brakes and bearings on it still, but i'll wait for Weds. in the school auto-shop cuz I dont have any proper jacks or anything at my house. Before I start modding the engine, I want to get some rims on it. I've been looking at the 4-bolt OEM Cobra-R Silver Replica rims, does anyone know where I can find some in Ontario? New or used... I'd like to get some soon, cuz they're gunna tell me I need new tires when i get it safetied.