New Member, New To Fox Mustangs

ZakAri

Nov 19, 2016
IMG_2030.JPG
Hello all,
Just bought (about 8 months or so ago) a clean 1989 Mustang GT 5.0 convertible, my dream car.... I didn't necessarily want to get into something built rather than stock but so it goes....
Here are some of what (I have been told) has been done:
-Coast Crate Engine
-GT40P Heads,6:1 Roller Rockers, e303 High Performance Camshaft, Trickflow intake manifold
-Forged Pistons and Crankshaft (9-1 compression)
-MSD ignition and coil, 24lb injectors,190lph fuel pump
-Mac cold air filter system,70mm throttle body, 70mm EGR plate, C&L 73mm mass air flow meter
-Tremec 3550 5 speed Manuel with b&m short shift kit
-Bama SCT 4 bank Mustang Eliminator chip w/sct tuning switch (flopping in the wind)
-BBK Shorty headers and short mid Off-road X pipe
- Flowmaster dual low restriction mufflers /stainless tips
-3.55 limited slip diff

...............................sooooooo...... fingers are tired from typing smh......
After buying the car I found a piece of paper in the glove with BAMA logo saying that it had four programs, a 93oct race, 100oct, 110oct, and stock computer program. I called the previous owner and he said 'it runs just fine on 92 octane' ??
I have been putting 92oct with an octane booster for each tank and leaving it on 93oct race program, no pinging or knocking evident.
It is running super rich and idles at 900rpm.

Some of my questions are:
- Can the eliminator chip I have be programed to run on 92 octane or a fuel that is available at a gas station in the Portland (OR) or greater area?
- Does anyone know any trustworthy mechanic in the Portland area that has expertise in built Mustang 5.0's?

I am sure I will have a bunch more questions but that can wait till the next thread..... thank you very much for reading and your patience with the newby.... Zak

• Sponsors (?)