New member, old time Mustang owner

I bought my first Mustang, a 1969 Mach 1 way back in 1976. I have gone through several cars, several more women and even more jobs in that 34 year span but one thing has always remained constant - a Mustang was never far from my garage.

So these days I'm more settled; married a woman, got a house, complete with mortgage. Dodged the bullet and missed out on having kids but had several pets along the way.

So now I have my 2006 Mustang convertible that sits in a stable with a 1979 Corvette and a 1995 LT1 Corvette. All are great cars - there is no trashing Mustangs or Camaros or Corvettes in my house. People who drive *** cars are asked to not park on my property. No "Tunerz" are allowed around me. The thought of a fart can muffler connected to a weed-eater motor makes me want to hurl.

I don't have huge plans for Angelica (other than driving her for many years); I have a decent sound system installed. The next thing will be getting rid of the horrible stock 16" rims and getting a set of 17X9 Bullitt rims complete with 255-50R17 tires.

carsforum3.jpg

(Me standing between Angelica and Black Beauty.)

That it. That's me. Old as dirt and tired as hell, but I do love American cars. Muscle Cars, Pony Cars and Corvettes. I look forward to reading posts by other Mustang owners - who knows, I may see a mod or two that I like.

Thanks for having me as a member.

Reactions: 1 user
  • Sponsors (?)

I bought my first Mustang, a 1969 Mach 1 way back in 1976. I have gone through several cars, several more women and even more jobs in that 34 year span but one thing has always remained constant - a Mustang was never far from my garage.

So these days I'm more settled; married a woman, got a house, complete with mortgage. Dodged the bullet and missed out on having kids but had several pets along the way.

So now I have my 2006 Mustang convertible that sits in a stable with a 1979 Corvette and a 1995 LT1 Corvette. All are great cars - there is no trashing Mustangs or Camaros or Corvettes in my house. People who drive *** cars are asked to not park on my property. No "Tunerz" are allowed around me. The thought of a fart can muffler connected to a weed-eater motor makes me want to hurl.

I don't have huge plans for Angelica (other than driving her for many years); I have a decent sound system installed. The next thing will be getting rid of the horrible stock 16" rims and getting a set of 17X9 Bullitt rims complete with 255-50R17 tires.

carsforum3.jpg

That it. That's me. Old as dirt and tired as hell, but I do love American cars. Muscle Cars, Pony Cars and Corvettes. I look forward to reading posts by other Mustang owners - who knows, I may see a mod or two that I like.

Hi, some really nice cars there, I'm also new here but very old to the early Mustangs. I own 15 mustangs now and have had many more since my first, back in 1977. My newest ever, is a 1989 Saleen Conv. with 12,900 orig mi. My oldest is a 1964 1/2 / 289 four spd. it still needs resto, as it has been stored since 1981. I have three 69 Mach's and four 69 conv's Harry

carsforum3.jpg

Welcome to Stangnet.

Nice cars brother.

There are several here that fall into the old as dirt description. Several that would be in the older than dirt section too!:eek:

Take a look around our '05-'14 subforums. You'll find lots of other S197 owners there. Lots of help too. Feel free to comment on any of the other threads you read too.

Good to have you with us brother.

Hi, some really nice cars there, I'm also new here but very old to the early Mustangs. I own 15 mustangs now and have had many more since my first, back in 1977. My newest ever, is a 1989 Saleen Conv. with 12,900 orig mi. My oldest is a 1964 1/2 / 289 four spd. it still needs resto, as it has been stored since 1981. I have three 69 Mach's and four 69 conv's Harry
Hey Harry, welcome to Stangnet.

Great great collection of mustangs there brother:nice:

You got lots of places to snoop around here. Look at the subforums for your different model mustangs. You'll get any help you might need there.

We would love to see some pictures of them. We are kind of picture whores here.:eek:

Good to have you with us too man.

carsforum3.jpg

There are even a couple here that have vetts, one here that even had a amg with over 600 horses, I think it was @Jinx, I guess it wasen't fast enough so I think he sold it and bought his old vett back so we are a diverse bunch.
Fart pipes be damned!
Unless it's an old fart with a pipe!:jester:

There are even a couple here that have vetts, one here that even had a amg with over 600 horses, I think it was @Jinx, I guess it wasen't fast enough so I think he sold it and bought his old vett back so we are a diverse bunch.
Fart pipes be damned!
Fart pipes be damned!
Hi, can't believe I'm sitting here at the desk, when its 90+ outside, nice sunshine, I'm usually out back working on a mustang. Now, Can't seem to get moving until the sun goes down. 80 is starting to feel old . My son (Tony) has always been here restoring but he's now (at 51) on kidney dialysis, so don't have much energy like before. We started in 1977 and built many cool modifieds and concours cars. We have two 67 fastbacks, one is a Shelby clone, the other is a radical mod. has two 351 C engines, W/ tunnelrams, four 4 bbls, and molded steel one piece body, raises like a funnycar. is just a conversation piece now. We also have a 78 King Cobra, 5,426 orig mi. Tangerine and black, our halloween car. Stay cool, and keep moving guys. I don't know how to add pics yet.

Fart pipes be damned!
Not me. But it does sound familiar.

Welcome to :SN: