New member Question about a cobra

treblruh

Apr 12, 2009
Hi there my name is Dylan and i have been looking for a 2001 cobra for quite sometime now. I came across one today online that is cheap..low mileage..and clean looking. The problem is i have no way of knowing if the owner is telling the truth, and its a good 4 hour drive to look at the car. Is there anyone that could carfax it for me if i can get the vin from the owner? I asked them by email tonight and am hoping to get a response by Tommorow.
I'm not sure if that against the rules or not sorry.

Thanks
Dylan

• Sponsors (?)

What site did you find it on? Usually Auto Trader has some pretty nice clean cars. I think this because I have bought and sold on AT a lot. You have to pay pretty good money to advertise on there. Usually the junks and shady characters put cars on craigslist, so I stay away from those.

Anyways, car fax it, have him email you additional photos.

Yeah AT rules! I have bought 5 cars through them and been very happy every time. :nice:

As far as to weather its real just get some pics. While you can easily replicate the looks of a Cobra you cant make the 2V look like the 4V so pop the hood. Also the IRS is not usually duplicated eaither so have him send you a picture of the rear axle. If its an IRS and the engine looks like this:
1999-2000-2001-2002-2003-2004-ford-mustang-8.jpg

Then chances are its real. So how about some pictures?