New Mustang Convertible 4.6 1998 help on few things

cameron1974

Jul 14, 2009
I recently got a 98 gt 4.6 automatic it has had some mods done to it and im needing help with few things..P.O. put a block off on the egr and the check engine light came up with that so I took the block off and the light came back on with same thing? Would u think it needs a egr positioner or egr valve?
Also its lowered and it sometimes creeks...in the front and he p ut all new stuff in the front...he said it does that after a rain a rubber boot or something hittin the spring i have no clue? Would really like to raise it too stock but I dont know how and how hard it would be any help on that let me know..and last but not least
He put 3.73 gears in it and my speedomter is 15miles off when Im doin 70 its really doin 55... What do i need to buy to fix that?

• Sponsors (?)

1st...is there a reason you want to raise it back to stock height?

2...what code did you pull for the CEL?

3...For the speedo you can pick up a Speedcal from Brother's or Dallas Mustang.

Raising it isnt' too hard as long as you have basic tools. Check this write up to get you the lowdown on your suspension.\

http://www.stangnet.com/mustang-forums/690493-basic-yet-effective-mustang-handling.html

If the ride is harsh you may have a car that someone cut the springs. I have Steeda Sports on mine and the ride isn't much different than stock. If pot-holes are the issue then I guess I'd want to get up a little too. That said I live in a state where the roads are terrible but I don't have any issues. My car is dropped about 1.5 inches.