New NHRA rules for you drag racers out there

TweekedGT

Jul 22, 2004
Alberta
It looks like there is a new rule for aftermarket power added cars for 2006. Any driver running 10-13.99 with an aftermarket power adder (ie Turbo, Nitrous, or Blower) must wear an 3.2a/1 fire retardant jacket. Our track is NHRA sanctioned and they will be enforcing this rule stringently according to our tech guy. I don't know what it's like anywhere else but just something for you guys to be aware of. I just bought one from Summit Racing for $45US. Pretty cheap actually. It's good for a 3 second blast from a hydrocarbon fire. Just FYI for you guys running nitrous or blowers and plan to go to the track. Check it out before hand.

• Sponsors (?)

01Steeda said:
I have to wear a helment even if i ran a 16.50 lol... vert and all

Same with us. It doesn't matter what you run. Vert or coupe, you have to wear a helmet at any speed. I can't believe there are tracks where you don't have to. If you're under 14 the helmet must be snell approved. Apparently our track must be pretty strict compared to most :shrug: .

hotmustang331 said:
So im going to have to go buy a new helmate before I can go to test and tune again? Thats just what I need, another $100 :nonono: . LOL, guess I cant use my 10 YO helmate anymore....or maybe they wont check :shrug:

It all depends on your tech guys. We have three main guys that do it. Two of them don't even look at my car anymore and have never checked my helmet. The third guy made me leave and tighten my battery box down because when he push on it as hard as he could it moved just ever so slightly, he's a real pain and he's the one I've ended up getting teched by the last few times i've been to the track. I know he's just doing his job but lighten up a little. My car is flawless always when it comes to tech so I think it pisses him off.