Build Thread, 91GT 32v turbo

Rick 91GT

Mustang Master
Nov 29, 1999
PA
First a little back ground info:

My car is a 25.5 sfi chassis 91 GT, set-up for small block ford with motor plates, built around the NMRA Drag Radial class, well those guys just got way too fast for my pocket. I built 3 nitrous motors that I never even ran, swapped to a F1R Procharger with a 360ci motor that I never ran, then I had a weird change in my life....

I had started building a turbo 93 Cobra street car for a customer, in the end it made over 700RWHP on 9psi had A/C heat and was a blast to drive on the street...drives better then a stock mustang. I realized how much I really missed a nice street car, so I decided I was going to put mine back on the street, cage and all. I couldn'y believe I could build a street car that drove that nice with all the creature comforts and power out the wazoo, at will even 80-mph it will destroy the tires with little effort. It really opened my mind, or Im getting older..lol

I decided to go MODULAR, the more I learn about the modular platform the more I like it. They are the future, being pushrod guys we may not want admit it, but they are. I did a Procharger on a 2011 and made 630HP, do you know how much money it takes to to that do a 5.0??

So here's my basic build:

SUSPENSION/CHASSIS
RNH 25.5 Chassis, mini tub
UPR K-Member no motor mounts
UPR radius rod a arms 1" short
UPR coil over kit, Strange Struts
Flaming River Alum front shaft and rack
Motor Plates for the 4.6
RNH Fully built 8.8 rear, Moser 33 spline axles, gun drilled, star flanged, 5/8" Ti studs (Ill swap these to steel for street use), Lightend Moser Spool, 9" ends.
Team Z upper arms, offset lowers, anti roll bar and wheelie bars
Strange Double Adj coil overs, my own mounts
RNH Parchute Mount
Safecraft Fire System

MOTOR
Alum Teksid 4.6L
Stage II ported SHM B heads 97 Cobra, lots of goodies, Stage II cams (may swap a set of stock 97 Cobra cams I have laying around here at ther shop)
RNH Short Runner 97 Cobra lower intake, RNH custom sheetmetal lid
Stock Cobra forged crank, aftermarket rods and pistons
RNH Dist drive based of crank trigger MSD dist
Wilson 105mm TB
VMP tuning, slot MAF

POWER ADDER
88mm Turbo
RNH Custom Turbo System, completely fabricated in house including manifolds, will be a forward facing system, 3.5" hot side, 4" alum cold side, 5" down pipe
Air to Water Intercooler
Tial 60mm Wastegate
Tial 50mm Blow Off

FUEL SYSTEM
RNH Custom, Fuel Lab pump, -12 feed, -10 return, 160# inj, Versa Fueler inj drive, 12 gal fuel cell, MMR rails.

ELECTRONICS
Stock 97 Cobra harness and computer, RNH tuned with a SCT
Holley Annilator Ignition system, individual cylinder control, Holley coil, Luanch control, crank trigger etc

WHEELS AND TIRES
Billet Spec
15" x 12" rear
15" x 4" front
BFG or MT 325 or 315 Drag Radials

BRAKES
Wilwood, four piston front brakes, 5 lug
Wilwood four piston rear brakes, 5 lug
SKRC manual kit

TRANS
Currently RNH built Powerglide with JW Bell, although Id prefer a manual

Photos and updates to come....I need to get a few things out of the shop before I can truly dig in and my wife is due anyday with our 2nd child, a boy. Looking for an easy 1000hp...

• Sponsors (?)

Good to see this car getting going again. Ive checked your website from time to time over the last 3 or 4 years hoping there would be something new done to it.

What did you do with that F-1R :D

Website is being updated finally, Ive slacked on that adding a parts section as well to try to help expand those sales, I can get anything. F1R was sold a few months back, all I have left is some pullies and belts.

Moser spool for the diff, its what I have and it will not be a daily driver so..

I actually did this on a pretty cheap budget, I had all the chassis stuff and sold a few parts to help with the rest. I picked the mod motor stuff up cheap, it would shock you.

Here's a few pics from my site of my car, once I get it over to my shop (need to put the K-member in to get it rolling again) Ill post some pics as I mock up the engine plates, etc.

I just really missed my car and was tired of living through my customers builds, granted my diesel F350 is fun, but it's not the stang.

rick3.jpg

rick4.jpg

rick9.jpg

rick10.jpg

Do you know what an F-1r kit goes for new? Theres a guy on the bullet right now that is selling one for $3600 with the big 1050hp procharger intercooler that is brand new, never used. What do you think a fair price for a used one is? Im looking to get into one in the next year or so.

Do you know what an F-1r kit goes for new? Theres a guy on the bullet right now that is selling one for $3600 with the big 1050hp procharger intercooler that is brand new, never used. What do you think a fair price for a used one is? Im looking to get into one in the next year or so.

Are you thinking about putting one on your 345?

Fap.

Are you thinking about putting one on your 345?

Fap.

Im seriously considering it. Recently i saw a couple friends cars in person(members here), and it made me miss having a blower car. Id like to do a turbo but for the price of a used F-1r i could probably sell it in a couple years for what i paid for it or a couple hundred less. Thats what i did with my novi 2k, bought it for 2500, used it for 2 years, broke the 302, and sold the blower for 23 or 2400.

Ill have to change the pistons/rods, but i really like the idea of the F1r infront of a faceplated TKO.... Makes me giggle :D Ive never seen anyone do it and i think it would be a good time. Dont know how the trans will hold up, but im willing to give it a shot.

Im seriously considering it. Recently i saw a couple friends cars in person(members here), and it made me miss having a blower car. Id like to do a turbo but for the price of a used F-1r i could probably sell it in a couple years for what i paid for it or a couple hundred less. Thats what i did with my novi 2k, bought it for 2500, used it for 2 years, broke the 302, and sold the blower for 23 or 2400.

Ill have to change the pistons/rods, but i really like the idea of the F1r infront of a faceplated TKO.... Makes me giggle :D Ive never seen anyone do it and i think it would be a good time. Dont know how the trans will hold up, but im willing to give it a shot.

Im a dealer thats a real good price....I can help you with pistons and rods ;)