New Radiator and Fan recommendations

Tackleberry

Mar 28, 2006
Lancaster, CA
Hey all, Quick question: Im looking to replace my stock radiator. What is the best route to take? I currently run a Flexalite 5.0 replacement fan which works well. Will the fan work on a new performance radiator like a Be Cool, Granatelli, or Ford Racing Heavy Duty without having to make a bunch of mods to mount it? If not, which is the best fan to go with? Im looking for good quality in combination with ease of installation. Thanks for the help.

• Sponsors (?)

I am using a 2-core Copper HD rad from the local parts store. This rad is more than I need most of the time. Actually, I think my T-stat may be sticking because once in a while my coolant will hover around 180F (I have a 197F stat).
Even if you buy the 3-core it will be much cheaper than an Al., and nearly as affective. Take the money you save and use it for a good e- fan and controller.

My thoughts
jason

Thanks for the advice. I would like to go as inexpensive as possible. The car is old and I have only had it for about a year. It has had two previous owners and I dont know when, if ever the radiator has ever been replaced. I live in the desert and need as much cooling muscle as possible.

Out

i use the flex a lite black magic #175 electric fan kit and an eauminum radiator i bought off ebay from seller dissrad. i'd heard lots of pros and cons for the black magic electric fan, but after about three months i have to say it has worked perfectly for my car. i paid $223 for the radiator and it was a great deal. it's all aluminum tig welded and cools great. good luck with your project.