New Radiator Time - Anyone with Pics of The Summit Universal

95GTvert[bv12]

Founding Member
Apr 1, 2001
Lake Tahoe, NV
So from what I've found by searching this seems to be the universal radiator which fits the best:

Summit Racing SUM-380428 - Summit Racing Street & Strip® Aluminum Race Radiators - Overview - SummitRacing.com

Anyone have any picture's or maybe a write up installing this radiator?

I've read a few older posts but most the photo's are gone now. I have a general idea of what i need to do i'd just like to buy all the parts i need prior to starting. So i can save the trips to the hardware store.

Either that or i might just order a cheap $100 stock replacement.

• Sponsors (?)

It's been probably 7 years or so since I did mine. So I don't quite remember the install but I know my fan is mounted with zip ties and I reused one of the mounts for the bottom of the radiator and made a small bracket to hold the top. It's quite a bit wider than stock so that makes it a pretty tight fit. I think I had to modify the overflow bracket but Im not 100% on that. I currently run a moroso overflow instead of the stock unit which makes everything not so cluttered.

You wouldn't happen to have an pics of the brackets on the top?

What did you use to connect the overflow? and where did you put the CCRM?

Sorry for all the question i'll be ordering this radiator to install next week, from what i've read it should be pretty easy to figure out, the over flow and CCRM are the two things i'm worried about.

dont have pics but i'll try to get you some. It's nothing fancy just a small bracket to keep it in place. I have the moroso overflow attached to the front bumper support(drivers side). You can't see it unless you really look for it. It's connected with the stock hose. I have my ccrm mounted where the stock airbox used to be.