• Mustang Forums
  • 1965 - 1973 Classic Mustangs -General/Talk-
  • Classic Mustang Specific Tech

New Seats Installed -PICS

  • Thread starter Thread starter coolblue65
  • Start date Start date Jul 16, 2006

coolblue65

Founding Member
Jul 26, 1999
1,224
2
39
Algonquin, IL
Jul 16, 2006
#1
  • Jul 16, 2006
  • #1
So today was a good day, thanks to WashMO66. I got my new seats installed. They are the Procar Rally seats using there tracks. A pretty painless install, and one a hell of a difference!

What do you guys think?

OLD:


NEW:
 

four six

Member
Jan 19, 2006
506
2
18
Hobart, IN
Jul 16, 2006
#2
  • Jul 16, 2006
  • #2
NICE. I like the buckets alot better
 

monk302

Founding Member
Apr 18, 2001
742
2
16
New Jersey
Jul 16, 2006
#3
  • Jul 16, 2006
  • #3
Old ones were much better. What were you thinking ordering Scats?! Seriously though they look awesome.
 

coolblue65

Founding Member
Jul 26, 1999
1,224
2
39
Algonquin, IL
Jul 16, 2006
#4
  • Jul 16, 2006
  • #4
I wasn't crazy enough to order them, but I did drive down 6 hours to St.Louis to buy them from WashMO66!!
 

stangkid88

New Member
Nov 11, 2005
112
0
0
Seattle area
Jul 16, 2006
#5
  • Jul 16, 2006
  • #5
Huge improvement! The new seats look really natural in there too, a good buy!
 

LUCAFU1

Founding Member
Apr 19, 2001
496
0
16
Tucson
Jul 17, 2006
#6
  • Jul 17, 2006
  • #6
hell yeah that is beautiful!!!
im ditching the mach1 seats for those
 
8

85 Turbo Bird

Founding Member
Aug 30, 2002
77
0
0
Sacramento, CA
Jul 17, 2006
#7
  • Jul 17, 2006
  • #7
Those look great! Now if the stitching was horizontal that'd be even better
 

Cobain03

Active Member
Aug 27, 2003
996
0
36
Lexington, Ky
Jul 17, 2006
#8
  • Jul 17, 2006
  • #8
how was the fit? did you have to do any modifications to make them fit?
 

washMO66

Founding Member
Oct 30, 2001
1,000
0
37
Washington, MO
Jul 17, 2006
#9
  • Jul 17, 2006
  • #9
They look good Kevin, glad you like them. My new ones are on back order so yesterday I went and robbed a set of stock pony's out of my buddy's 65 convertible so I can get my car out of the shop....
 

1320stang

Founding Member
Nov 13, 1998
4,329
23
89
Edmond, Oklahoma
Jul 17, 2006
#10
  • Jul 17, 2006
  • #10
Ah, you shoulda just got a milk crate and sat it on the floor, just don't romp on it. hehe

My buddy and I once took his '67 coupe to the carwash, minus the carpet and rear seats, to vacuum out and wash out the interior. of his car so we could sand out any rust and paint it as we had already done the bottom of the car. We sat the front seats in it, but didn't put nuts on the studs. On the way to the carwash, yes, at a stoplight, we had some kid in another vehicle kept reving it up and acting like he wanted to race, we sorta forgot the seats weren't bolted down, light changed, he romped on it and the next thing anyone from the outside saw was our legs, LOL!!
 

68keyblr

20+ Year Stangneter
Mar 17, 2003
946
20
49
Arizona
Jul 17, 2006
#11
  • Jul 17, 2006
  • #11
1320stang said:
Ah, you shoulda just got a milk crate and sat it on the floor, just don't romp on it. hehe

My buddy and I once took his '67 coupe to the carwash, minus the carpet and rear seats, to vacuum out and wash out the interior. of his car so we could sand out any rust and paint it as we had already done the bottom of the car. We sat the front seats in it, but didn't put nuts on the studs. On the way to the carwash, yes, at a stoplight, we had some kid in another vehicle kept reving it up and acting like he wanted to race, we sorta forgot the seats weren't bolted down, light changed, he romped on it and the next thing anyone from the outside saw was our legs, LOL!!
Click to expand...


That's a great story LOL
 

LUCAFU1

Founding Member
Apr 19, 2001
496
0
16
Tucson
Jul 17, 2006
#12
  • Jul 17, 2006
  • #12
1320stang said:
Ah, you shoulda just got a milk crate and sat it on the floor, just don't romp on it. hehe

My buddy and I once took his '67 coupe to the carwash, minus the carpet and rear seats, to vacuum out and wash out the interior. of his car so we could sand out any rust and paint it as we had already done the bottom of the car. We sat the front seats in it, but didn't put nuts on the studs. On the way to the carwash, yes, at a stoplight, we had some kid in another vehicle kept reving it up and acting like he wanted to race, we sorta forgot the seats weren't bolted down, light changed, he romped on it and the next thing anyone from the outside saw was our legs, LOL!!
Click to expand...

lol i did that in highschool. i learned quick to put the 2 front nuts on
 

coolblue65

Founding Member
Jul 26, 1999
1,224
2
39
Algonquin, IL
Jul 17, 2006
#13
  • Jul 17, 2006
  • #13
Cobain03 said:
how was the fit? did you have to do any modifications to make them fit?
Click to expand...


Using their tracks they were a direct bolt in, ZERO modifications necessary, it took me longer to jack the car up and vacuum everything out then it did to actually remove and replace the seats.

I am a skinny guy and I kind of have to slide my butt in there, if I had a slightly smaller diameter steering wheel in would be fine. But as far as seating position, adjustability, and comfort these are many many times better then those original seats, and I highly recomend them. They actually fit me more snug then the seats in my vette, and I would probably like them better then the vettes' seats if they had all the extra power adjustable gizmos.

85 Turbo Bird - I figure one day I can redo the rear seats and have the stitching made vertical to match!

Now I need to try and sell my old seats!
 
M

mustang6788

New Member
Jan 5, 2006
27
0
0
Jul 17, 2006
#14
  • Jul 17, 2006
  • #14
I like the seats they look retro but not too modern. Really wakes up the interior.
 
S

stang66convt

New Member
Apr 13, 2006
29
0
0
Jul 20, 2006
#15
  • Jul 20, 2006
  • #15
have those seats in my 66..real nice but sit a little high..have them on the lowest position....pro-car also has the back seat covers to match
 

Vinyl66

Member
Mar 21, 2004
398
0
16
Jul 20, 2006
#16
  • Jul 20, 2006
  • #16
Huge difference. Those look great!! And comfy too.
 
M

mike_o

New Member
Jul 20, 2006
7
0
0
Jul 21, 2006
#17
  • Jul 21, 2006
  • #17
coolblue65 said:
Using their tracks they were a direct bolt in, ZERO modifications necessary, it took me longer to jack the car up and vacuum everything out then it did to actually remove and replace the seats.

I am a skinny guy and I kind of have to slide my butt in there, if I had a slightly smaller diameter steering wheel in would be fine. But as far as seating position, adjustability, and comfort these are many many times better then those original seats, and I highly recomend them. They actually fit me more snug then the seats in my vette, and I would probably like them better then the vettes' seats if they had all the extra power adjustable gizmos.

85 Turbo Bird - I figure one day I can redo the rear seats and have the stitching made vertical to match!

Now I need to try and sell my old seats!
Click to expand...

I have almost the same seats but mine isn´t bolt on. Did your seats come with 4 bolts installed on the seat track? Or how else did you install them?

thanks
mike
 

coolblue65

Founding Member
Jul 26, 1999
1,224
2
39
Algonquin, IL
Jul 22, 2006
#18
  • Jul 22, 2006
  • #18
mike_o said:
I have almost the same seats but mine isn´t bolt on. Did your seats come with 4 bolts installed on the seat track? Or how else did you install them?

thanks
mike
Click to expand...

Each seat track had 4 regular 3/8" bolts about 1.75" long, they were not 'part' of the track. The bolt locations on the aftermarket Scat tracks are in the exact same location as the factory holes. So literally I unbolted the old seats took them out, then dropped in the new seats and tracks-thats it.
 
You must log in or register to reply here.

Similar threads

L
2012 Seats in 98 GT Convertible - pictures coming
  • lparsons42
  • Aug 11, 2025
  • 1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk-
Replies
3
Views
318
1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk- Aug 17, 2025
lparsons42
L
A
Procharger install/prep questions
  • ahratrew
  • Nov 22, 2025
  • SN95 4.6L Mustang Tech
Replies
2
Views
409
SN95 4.6L Mustang Tech Nov 26, 2025
Noobz347
T
What's it Worth? 2002 GT conv/auto
  • tonydetesta
  • Jan 7, 2026
  • What is it Worth?!?!?
Replies
3
Views
737
What is it Worth?!?!? Jan 21, 2026
Mustang5L5
P
2002 T5 transmission vibration issue
  • puffoo
  • Feb 22, 2026
  • SN95 V6 Mustang Tech
Replies
0
Views
236
SN95 V6 Mustang Tech Feb 22, 2026
puffoo
P
B
water pump installation questions
  • B0udreaux
  • Feb 5, 2026
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
  • 2
Replies
38
Views
2K
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Feb 28, 2026
General karthief
Share:
Bluesky Email Share Link
  • Mustang Forums
  • 1965 - 1973 Classic Mustangs -General/Talk-
  • Classic Mustang Specific Tech
Menu
Log in

Register

  • Forums
  • What's new
  • Media
  • Resources
  • Contact
  • Sponsor
X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?

X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?