New Shop Project Track Car (progress Thread)

Excellent use of UPR Products! Let us know if you need any help with it.

Update: just got the manual brake conversion in. Going to order a line loc this week and I will be 100% done with the front end. Mon or Tues I will get working on that T BIRD motortranny swap so that I can get going on the tear down of the rest of the race car.

Reactions: 1 user
Another update:
Went to the swap meet this weekend and bought a rear end. 8.8 with full spool, 4.10's (going to swap them out to 3.55 because of the spray), 31 or 35 spline axles (will confirm when I replace the gears), ARP wheel studs, Aerospace Engineering brakes with stainless brake lines, welded axle tubes, c clip eliminators, rear end cover with brace and spherical housing bushings.

I almost feel guilty for what I payed for it

Do the 5.4 heads bolt directly to the block? Any timing cover mods you have to do to install them?

Ive been thinking about that swap but i dont know the advantage of doing it.

Awesome work though! Anxious to see some pics

Hopefully that car doesnt crash when the UPR parts fail lol
Exwife has $5000 worth of UPR parts on her car now for the past 5 years and not one issue. I stand behind their product 110% Not because I am a dealer for them but, because I have been using their stuff for the past 7 years and have had not one issue.

Update: got the car into the shop today and finally started on the tear down. We need a name for the car. Any ideas will be considered. So, without further delay, here is the result of today's work. started at about 0830 and we closed at 1600. I cracked my first beer at 1601 and was done for the day.

UPR sells cheap chinese parts and does not stand by their products. I have had several parts fail on me, even brand new parts.

DO NOT BUY FROM UPR. UPR PARTS ARE UNSAFE AT ANY SPEED.

Reactions: 1 users
Day 2 after the tear down. Today, I broke out the heat gun and started scrapping off what was left of the insulation/sound deadener off of the floor. Going to do the mini tubs, rear coil over and rear sway bar next.

I would not use that intake mani, use a pi at least. Reasoning? well the pi style intakes do not dispurse the nitrous very well and the fuel puddles over a 150 shot, if you run the plastic intake and it backfires you will only be out a manifold. The metal intakes turn into grenades at a 200 shot. Had a buddy literally blow the hood off his car. I would sell the typhoon and get a vic jr. I had no puddling issues at a 175 shot with my vic jr, plus you get much better atomization.

not saying it cant be done with the typhoon, just saying. I dont like to see fellow mustang guys put in so much work just to catch the car on fire lol. Just going off experience.