New to here, looking to buy a Mustang soon

AngelaS

Dec 29, 2010
Seattle, WA
Hey all,

I'm new to this forum and just wanted to introduce myself. My name is Angela, and I've been a Mustang owner in the past (2001 Base-model), and having sold it a few years ago I'm looking at getting back in the saddle. Hopefully this forum will provide all the info I need, and eventually I can maybe become a contributing member as well. It's nice to be here!

• Sponsors (?)

Welcome!:D I am also new to the forum and like you am looking at buying a mustang. Keep us posted on what you decide to go with, i am looking at foxbody's myself....and already have a huge mod list for when i do buy it :stirpot: just like most fox owners.

Welcome to StangNet :) What year Stang are you looking to buy?

The girl in your Avatar looks EXACTLY like a girl I knew when I lived in So. Florida, but her name is Stephanie, the girl in your AV looks like she could be her twin sister.

Keep us updated as to what you're looking to buy or what you end up buying.

I don't have any family in Florida, so it's probably a coincidence. Still, it'd be cool to meet my "twin sister" :)

I was looking mainly at the 2005+ model, as I like the body style. With that said, I do like the classic models as well, but I think I'd rather go new for now as I have the cash to do it and I've never owned a new car. It's my understanding that the base model for 2011 and up has a new engine now, right?

Yes both the V8 and the V6 2011 Mustangs have new engines the V8 is has the 5.0 and the V6 is a 3.6 liter, when you say "base model" are you referring to the V6 or the V8?

The 2011 GT has the big bad 5.0 with 412HP and the V6 has the DOHC 3.7-liter V-6 305HP, with either the 5.0 or the V6 they are both really killer Mustangs!!!

Are you looking at the 5.0 or V6?

I don't have any family in Florida, so it's probably a coincidence. Still, it'd be cool to meet my "twin sister" :)

Definitely a coincidence then, she was a good friend and I'm sure you'd remember living in Fla. or having a "twin sister" :rlaugh: I look at your picture and its soooo hard to believe its not her, its strange how two completely different people can look so much alike.