New to the forum...just bought my first fox body

firstride93lx

Jan 18, 2020
Georgia
Just stopping in to say hello, I am new to the forum and new to the mustang game. I am very excited to start work on my car and hopefully contribute to the forum here as well. I am new to the mustang world however, I am not new to working on cars I have a few and have had several over the course of my life. I am in the central Georgia area and own a shop that does general automotive repair. I just picked up a 1993 survivor LX about 6 hours ago that is bone stock aside from someone the original and only owner switching out the manual transmission for an automatic. I am considering changing it back to manual eventually, but I need to get it whipped back into shape first. The car has been sitting for approximately 4 years and all of this sitting was done in the weather. The sunroof on this car is leaking as well as the hatch area, those are the first orders of business and obviously a tune up etc. I am considering a 5 lug conversion, some cobra R wheels, and it is desperate need of paint. Hoping to move pretty quickly and hoping to find some components or at least some information on some reputable suppliers for replacement parts here. If anyone has any suggestions I am all ears. Hello to everyone looking forward to my time here and looking forward to my new fox body!

Reactions: Rdub6 and RaggedGT
  • Sponsors(?)

firstride93lx

Jan 18, 2020
Georgia
Does that Sunroof pop up like "level" instead of at a tilt? My 93 was a tilt only. Never see one that did that.
Looks like all the parts are there, just needs some love then back on the road.
I was in the process of removing it when that picture was taken. It comes completely out of the car and I am having to replace the seals around it since it was leaking.

firstride93lx

Jan 18, 2020
Georgia
Anyone have a good headlight restoration kit that they have used before? A REALLY GOOD ONE, these headlights are horrible and I do not want to install Chinese remakes. Thanks!

southcross2631

Dec 13, 2019
Athens,Tn
Take your headlights and start by cleaning them with soap and water so you don't grind any dirt down in them and then start some 220 sandpaper . Don't worry they will look worse before they get better. Then go to 320. Then to 600 and then start using a scratch remover . Finally polish them out and you will have new looking headlights covers.
Remember you are lightly sanding the covers, working by hand . you can get one of the 3M kits and use your cordless drill for the final steps. Tape off around the painted surfaces so you don't slip and scratch the paint.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
D Fox New To Forum. Just Bought An Amazing 5.0 But Have A Question 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- 25
notchback1993 New to the forum, bought a '93 Notch.. 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- 47
SaleenGTS New to forum...just bought 98 Cobra SN95 4.6L Mustang Tech 4
9 New to the forum The Welcome Wagon 1
B new to forum from iowa and dont know how to use it HELP The Welcome Wagon 3
3 New to forum in PA The Welcome Wagon 3
N New to Forum, new to Ford 2005 - 2014 S-197 Mustang -General/Talk- 3
D New to forum The Welcome Wagon 5
S New to the Forum and searching for suggestions 1994 - 1995 Specific Tech 5
J New to the forum and looking forward to some expert help The Welcome Wagon 1
J New to this forum The Welcome Wagon 4
Lil95.0 “New” to the forum - 1995 V6 body 5.0 Swapped The Welcome Wagon 0
N New to the forum 1984 ford mustang gt350 The Welcome Wagon 0
F New to the Forum - 1989 GT The Welcome Wagon 6
W New to forum with 1966 straight 6 The Welcome Wagon 1
J Paint and Body HI my name is jim im new to this forum, 1965 - 1973 Classic Mustangs -General/Talk- 3
V New to the forum, greetings from Michigan The Welcome Wagon 2
Bustedknuckle Greetings New to forum The Welcome Wagon 1
Funwithfox New to forum with a 93 LX The Welcome Wagon 1
0 New to the Forum, new s197 owner from So-Co The Welcome Wagon 2
E New to the Forum The Welcome Wagon 6
B Hello everyone new to mustang forums The Welcome Wagon 3
R New to forum The Welcome Wagon 1
F New to this forum The Welcome Wagon 3
2 New to Stangnet forum The Welcome Wagon 1
clutch47 New to this forum The Welcome Wagon 3
E First Mustang forum for me! The Welcome Wagon 3
T New to the forum The Welcome Wagon 3
J New to the forum and need advice on getting a 5.0 started after sitting for about 3 years Other Auto Tech 3
Sycophuk New to forum , old with a Stang . The Welcome Wagon 3
T Hello New to Forums The Welcome Wagon 3
E been viewing forums a while decided to sign up The Welcome Wagon 2
6 New to forum The Welcome Wagon 1
Foxbodyguy49 New to the Forum Digital Self-tuning Forum 4
A Glad to join the forum! The Welcome Wagon 3
M Hello Guy's and Gals New to the Forum The Welcome Wagon 1
M New to the Forum but not new to Forums 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- 3
M New to the forums and have a quick question The Welcome Wagon 0
Cobbage_45 First time on a forum! The Welcome Wagon 1
M New member, but not new to reading the forums The Welcome Wagon 1
D New to forum, 1988 Mustang LX The Welcome Wagon 5
JmP6889928 New to this forum be a veteran on others The Welcome Wagon 5
G Hi new to forums and new to my V6 13 hoping to make friends and talk mustangs old and new. :) The Welcome Wagon 1
J New to the forum, Hey everyone! The Welcome Wagon 4
dustoff74 Old timer new to the Forum 1965 - 1973 Classic Mustangs -General/Talk- 5
Noobz347 Administrative The Purpose of This Forum What is it Worth?!?!? 1
R First day on this forum - already have a mod trying to flex his authority The Welcome Wagon 9
4 Newbie to the forum (3/22/19) The Welcome Wagon 1
S New to the forum I need help The Welcome Wagon 0
Titanium90 New to the forum The Welcome Wagon 3