• Community Forums
  • The Welcome Wagon

New to the forum

  • Thread starter Thread starter dadkind
  • Start date Start date May 16, 2010
D

dadkind

New Member
May 16, 2010
15
0
0
Fresno, CA
May 16, 2010
#1
  • May 16, 2010
  • #1
Hello All,

I've just purchased a new (?) 2010 GT Premium and am enjoying the performance!

I owned a 1984 GT until child #2 came along and we had to trade the Mustang in for a Taurus (you know how that goes).

I've also owned a Ranger in the past and am coming off a VW Golf.

I'll probably be doing some minor mods to the car in the near future so you may see me asking some questions in the coming months. I'm not really a "modder" and pretty much am happy with things the way they are. Still, I'll probably start with an upgrade to the radio and see where things go from there.
 
P

Psybadek

New Member
May 17, 2010
11
0
0
May 17, 2010
#2
  • May 17, 2010
  • #2
Good choice on the car! But if you wanted performance you should have bought the 2011 5.0! Much much faster and better handling!
 

'13_ImpactBlue_GT

Angry Little Elf
Mar 30, 2005
872
2
98
Where the men are men and the sheep are nervous
May 17, 2010
#3
  • May 17, 2010
  • #3
Give the new engines about a year to see if there are any bugs. And why hate on the 3 valve, sure it aint as fast as the Coyote but Im sure (or I hope) he got it with a hefty discount.
 
P

Psybadek

New Member
May 17, 2010
11
0
0
May 17, 2010
#4
  • May 17, 2010
  • #4
I have no doubt he got a sweet deal on the 2010 and to be honest I don't hate the 4.6l, it's still a good strong engine, and it sounds a hell of alot better than the 6.2 in the Camaro SS and the 6.1 or 5.7 in the Challenger SRT8 / R/T.

Once you drive the 5.0 it's hard to want that 4.6.
 
You must log in or register to reply here.

Similar threads

M
new member
  • markmoon
  • Jul 24, 2026
  • The Welcome Wagon
Replies
1
Views
107
The Welcome Wagon Jul 24, 2026
General karthief
Old guy new to Forum.
  • 08shelby GT500
  • Jun 15, 2026
  • The Welcome Wagon
Replies
3
Views
208
The Welcome Wagon Jun 15, 2026
LILCBRA
M
Hello all, I am new to this forum
  • Maddog 302
  • Dec 19, 2025
  • The Welcome Wagon
Replies
2
Views
264
The Welcome Wagon Dec 20, 2025
nickyb
A
Help ID - Turbo GT, SVO differences
  • aldoelmalo
  • Jun 2, 2026
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
Replies
0
Views
157
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Jun 2, 2026
aldoelmalo
A
5
Foxbody Intro
  • 5.0Sucio
  • May 26, 2026
  • The Welcome Wagon
Replies
1
Views
155
The Welcome Wagon May 26, 2026
Noobz347
Share:
Bluesky Email Share Link
  • Community Forums
  • The Welcome Wagon
Menu
Log in

Register

  • Forums
  • What's new
  • Media
  • Resources
  • Contact
  • Sponsor
X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?

X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?